1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ETIQUETTE QUESTION ?!?!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

If you go to a gun club as a visitor and shoot a couple of practice rounds by yourself, should you tip the puller/scorekeeper? This person is not a volunteer or friend, but an employee of the club you are visiting. I am not sure what the accepted practice is. Thanks folks. I appreciate your oppinions and look forward to reading them when I get home from shooting tomorrow. Martinpicker (Jack Farrow)

2. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I consider pullers the same as a resturant server, if their svc is good, they deserve a tip....just a common courtesy...LarryB

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Difference is, because much of their income is expected to be derived from tips, waiters and waitresses are paid a lower wage than other jobs where tips are not expected to be part of their normal income.

The minimum wage for tipped jobs is substantially lower than the minimum wage for jobs that don’t normally receive tips.

Trappers get the non-tip minimum wage.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Yep...I always carry a few $2 bills for this purpose.

Curt

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Just throw them a few bucks if they do a good job. If you were shooting in Florida it would cost you an extra $5 a round anyway, LOL.

-Gary

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

I had a similiar question at our club when I broke my 1st 25 straight.Seemed the puller /scorekeeper sort of congratulated me a couple extra times.Don't know if it was proper,but I put extra donation in the tip jar they had on counter for the pullers.Maybe he wanted a more direct tip,some told me no,they get paid.

Doug H.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Not where I'm from. Was a puller (back when you both pressed the button and scored) for trap for ten years in my youth and as a trapper for live birds. Never received a gratuity.

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

If a club has a tip jar for the field help and I had a good time at the club (doesn't matter how well I shot) I always drop a couple of bucks in.

Rich in Indiana

10. Lyle

Lyle Member

I seldom see tips given at a trap shoot or for practice trap. In sporting clays I seldom see anyone NOT tip the puller.

Lyle

11. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Sure, a buck or two isn't going to kill me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.