1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Etiquette Opinions Requested

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't see the point. Our club is small space wise and there are many times a money or Annie shooter will miss a hard right and a shooter on the practice trap will get a hard left and get both of the birds. It's comical but it don't mean nothing beyond that.

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

To answer your question - "etiquette" would seem to demand that "Annie" shooters not distract remaining shooters on the practice squad. I would consider the miss and subsequent shot "bad manners" to the shooter "on-deck".

Jay Spitz

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

we sure can't have bad manners on the trap field, now can we?

4. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

It is only practice, practice means nothing compared to a registered.

5. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

This happens in doubles at many clubs all the time - and these are registered targets. As long as your annie game does not involve changing yardage I have no no issue with it.

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

we have the same problem at our club with the Continental trap...i hate having two birds in the air at the same time over the same trap area.

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

If you are shooting trap on two adjacent fields and the birds are trespassing on the adjoining fields, your traps must not be correctly set, or your fields are not spaced far enough apart. It is rather common to have the high house bird from a left hand adjacent skeet field trespass on an adjacent field if it isn't broken. Etiquette; playing Annie Oakley; who ever heard of such a terrible offense.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Annie Oakley shooters have the right of way and can shoot your pratice targets but you cannot and must not shoot their targets even if they are missed ... This is a "Man Law" and is universal the world over, I'm appauled that no one else has heard of this ... No wonder the Annie Oakley shoots are dropping off in attendence ... WPT ... (YAC) ... (former Annie Fanatic)

yuck, yuck, yuck ...

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

If ya'll are any good at shootin at all it wont be a problem cause the birds will never have a chance to make it to another field.

10. Straight99

Straight99 Member

This is really more of a legal question. We had this sort of thing happen at out club and we asked a few lawyers. Their answer was if someone would get hurt or killed when this was going on the club would be in the wrong and they could not win a lawsuit for the injury. Glenn

11. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I agree with the statement..."IF IT FLYS, IT DIES"..if you miss it, then fair game! However, my club does not throw registered targets. Our five stand is off to the left of the trap field..Trap Wobble, and Five stand birds OFTEN fly together...Our shooter stations are separated by a concrete fence, and the trap field is about 6 ft lower (side sloping hill) than the Five Stand..totally safe!.We also have RSO's at both fields entire time shooting is happening, just to keep an eye out..Check out www.P2Krange.com...(San Diego, Ca)..lb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.