1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ethics of Trapshooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Play Dead, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

Fellow Sportsmen,

Recently I was reminded of a publication of a list of rules that dealt with the Ethics of Trapshooting. It was a list of common sense rules that most of us obey out of common courtesy. We are putting together a list of by-laws and rules for our shooting organization and we are interested in including this list of sportsmen like behaviors. I have performed a search (new and old) on this website and cannot come up with the list. I also have searched the ATA website and have had no luck. Perhaps it appeared in a shooting periodical like Trap and Field or Shotgun Sports. If anyone could be so kind to point me into the right direction, if they have seen this article, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Play Dead

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Kaye Ohye had a video out some years ago dealing with just this subject. I actually have a copy of that tape in my library. I would be more than happy to send it to you to view, providing you send it back when you are finished. I try to make sure every new club member gets the opportunity to view this tape as part of their introduction to the club. PM me your shipping address and I will be happy to let you borrow it....... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Garcia put out a roughly 5 page suggested ideas. Good article. It was handed to me when I started shooting trap. If you PM me with your address when I get back fron Tennessee on the 19th I will copy it and send it to you. Mike.

4. setter

setter Member

It was published in T&F and the above list may be more comprehensive.

5. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your help and your responses. Trap2 - thanks for the offer but there are a number of shooters in our league who may have the video that I will be able to borrow from, I hate to trouble you to send it.

Barrelbulge - I will send you a PM. If you get the time I would like to see the copy of the article. All information we can gather to establish our rules and reminders of proper etiquette will be considered. Unfortunately, many shooters have forgotten how to act over time.

Setter and Eddiefromoverlook - you've both centered the target in your pattern. I believe this is the list that I had read.

Thanks again to all for responding so quickly to the post. The next time any of you are working toward a perfect score...may your last target be of a favorable angle!

Best Regards,

Play Dead

6. JOND

JOND TS Member

I would add,when moving from post 5 to post 1,nod to the squad leader that you are ready and set. Also,the squad leader should not fire until you do nod, JOND

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.