1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Estate one oz

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stu mackay, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

With the high cost of compotents I am looking at buying new estate one oz at 1180 ft per second. how do you like them? thanks stu

2. gamehog2

gamehog2 TS Member

I shoot them for everything. I am a 24 yd shooter and use them with a IM choke in a KS-5 they turn the targets to smoke.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The Estates reload just like the Federal premium, same components.

The new stuff is very good, just wish they could get them to smell like a just fired Federal Paper...

Curt

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mr jbmOU ... when you factor in the purchase of a reloader along with taking into account the time and the area (safety is a must in determining the area) to reload for some it makes reloading a total waste.

When you can buy shells for $4o a flat vs. reloading at $33.50 a flat it is very hard to justify reloading. What I mean is this ...

Say we use the sum of $500 for a very basic reloader and needed equipment. Lets also say the shooter only shoots 6 boxes a weekend. To offset the cost of the reloader that shooter would have to reload for 2-1/2 years to get to the break even point.

Just as another thought ... there are many of us who do not have the space or really the time to reload. It has been mentioned to me by many shooters that I should consider reloading but as soon as I mention the safety issues of the operation and my total lack of that requirment they fully see and agree that for me it is far better for me to spend your average of 65 cents (or should I say 3 cents a shell) to not reload.

Now if I was retired ... had a bunch of free time on my hands ... had a place to safely reload ... shot 750-1000 rounds a week ... I might consider it but nope ... not now ... just aint worth saving 3 cents a round which I wouldn't start to see for a couple of years.

Any ammo you can buy at less than $40 a flat is a bargain and I have yet to pay over $40 a flat yet ... even buying over the counter at WalMart. I will worry when Estate, Top-Gun, Rio and a few others go over $50 a flat.

5. RLSS

RLSS TS Member

ESTATES!

Bing, Bang, Boom!!

RLSS

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I can make a Nitro 27 equivalent quality shell for the cost of Gun Clubs.

A no brainer as far as I can see.

I buy the Estates and like them. But STS and Nitro are the best going, and duplicating them for half the cost is a good deal.

HM

7. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

the estate 1oz is an excellent shell - buy a flat and see how they shoot in your gun, then you'll know.

as for lumper's comments on reloading, dude, you're way off base. $500 for a basic reloader? put down the crack pipe bro' - not even close. $500 buys you a high end MEC progressive, not a basic reloader at all. and why would the cost of the reloader be a barrier to reloading - the true cost to be amortized is the net difference between the original purchase cost and any resale value.....and as anybody with a clue would know that reloaders these days fetch a very good price.

as for the cost of your labor - again, bro' you need to stop drinking your bong water. you only value your labor if there is an opportunity cost involved. and if you don't know what opportunity cost is then your comments have no merit whatsoever.

FACT - reloading costs less per box than factory for components.

FACT - reloaders can re resold therefore the net cost difference is the amount to be amortized over the period to be measured.

FACT - labor cost is only relevant if that labor can be employed to make money in another venture. the vast majority of reloaders do not value their time, it is a HOBBY, i'm sure you've heard of those!

FACT - reloading is fun and enhances your overall shooting experience.

FACT - reloading is safe when following published data and using appropriate safety precautions when handling and storing materials.

lumper - you're a sorry assed excuse for a shooter. go troll your bait somewhere else.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

FACT - when you dont have basement/garage/shed for reloading safety is a major issue in reloading.

FACT - time is a value when you are employed full-time

FACT - reloading is cheaper but unless your shooting a flat a week it takes a long time to start actually saving money.

Fact - getting 1000 empty GOOD hulls to reload costs money that was not factored into above statements.

Fact - aint trollin just throwin another few comments out there you disagree with and dont want to hear.

Nice way to be friendly wildcat ... do you always insult other shooters?

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Greg ... IMHO Rio's when they can be found at the right price ($37 to $39 a flat) are a fantastic bang for the buck. If my source can still do it ... I'll find out this weekend ... I'm going to arrange for enough flats to be secured for me to last me most for more than a few months, and I hope well into the summer.

From the multitude of Rio's I have shot I have yet to have a bad one and they have all gone exactly where I point my gun ... a few have actually broke a target or two as well.

BTW ... even federal TopGun's and Remington Gun Clubs can still be found and bought for $40 a flat as well if you know where to look or know the people at the store.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It is true that some are unfortunate to not be able to absorb the savings from reloading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.