1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Estate ammo in 1100s?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I'm having trouble getting 2 3/4 dram, 1 1/8 ounce new Estate ammo to cycle my 1100. Gun Clubs work. So do my reloads including some whimpy 1 ounce Promo reloads.

Anybody else having problems with new Estate ammo in their autos?

2. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

I have two different 1100's and have shot many flats of 1 and 1 1/8 oz Estates through both guns without any problems.

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Check and scrub (polish) the chamber...the steel heads on Estates may be hanging up due to the walls of the chamber being a little dirty. Regards, Ed

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Couldn't get 2 3/4 dram OR 3 dram Estates or Top Guns to work in my 1100. One friend can use either in his, and one friend can only use 3 dram,,so i guess it depends on your gun.

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

This gun, with this barrel, just always works. I expected to find something broken when I got home, but everything was whole. I pretty much get the impression different runs of ammo use different powders. Maybe this powder/charge combo is on the wimpy side. Geez, I have another flat plus the rest of this flat. Maybe no more doubles with them, and I'll have to carry some green shells for my first shot on doubles. Hey, I like green, but these Estates I won.

6. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Get a 391 and shoot anything 7/8 to 1-1/8.

7. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

If your 1100 is a true trap barrel/receiver combination, all things equal, it should work fine with 1150/1250 fps 1 oz loads. If you're using a field barrel and/or receiver which are generally set up for hunting loads then it's quite likely that your 1 oz load may not work reliably. One thing you could do is pick up a box or two of the promo 1290 fps 1 0z loads (usually Federal field loads) and try them....at 1290 fps it's usually enough to make hunting guns work. Try it and see, if they work you may want to have someone enlarge the gas ports (one at a time)and your loads will probably function as well. You might note that in the literature that comes with 1100 target models they don't recommend using hunting loads in them. Too much pounding they say.

Just my thoughts with my three 1100's with many, many rounds through them.

Larry

8. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

The gun is fine. It's this batch of new facorty ammo I figure.

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I've never had trouble in any of my 1100s with Federal ANYTHING. I clean and lubricate it, plus I replace the usual wear parts at regular intervals. It is entirely possible that it's a batch of shells that has something different about it that does not work well in your gun. Sometimes a different lot of powder, setting for the head diameter, etc. Get a different lot of ammo and trade off the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 will not cycle shooting estate shells