1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Estate 2 1/2 dram 20ga PSI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lostintheozone, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostintheozone

Lostintheozone Member

I have a flat of Estate 20ga shells and wanted some opinions about the psi in these loads. The box says 7/8oz. shot, 2 1/2 dram eq. GTL20. Probably promo loads I bought somewhere years ago. Estate website says about 1200 fps. I want to shoot these up for hulls and practice in my 1939 LC Smith. I'm going to reload to hunt with SR 7625 to keep pressure down but don't want to do anything stupid with factory loads for the sake of 250 free hulls and practice.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Jim

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

The older Estate company went out of business as far as I know. Federal took them over a few years back. You may want to talk to federal and give them the lot number so they could help you with the chamber pressures. Be sure to tell them your shells have high brass/ or low brass. Some hunting loads with one oz of lead at a faster speed will be factory loaded with high brass. You can always send them to me and I will dispose of the insides for you and even ship them back to you for free. LOL. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. Lostintheozone

Lostintheozone Member

Jeff, you should probably charge something for this service, otherwise folks will think it's too good to be true.:) Jim

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jim, If I ever bump into you at a shooting club would you buy me a soda pop??? Nothing like the real thing after you finish up shooting for the day. If not I'll buy and we can split a Coke!!! Break=em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.