1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by seattlesue, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seattlesue

seattlesue TS Member

Has pulled Hank Jr's famous Monday night slogan " Are You Ready For Some Football"
    Because he referred to obama as Hitler. Truth hurts.....no more ESPN. ss LMAO

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Monday Night football is still around?

I quit watching it when it went to ESPN.

Too much prattle and jive talk about things not important to the game going on.

It got so irritating to try to watch the game and they would spend more time with the camera on the idiots broadcasting the game, instead of on the field.

Their bias towards the teams they did not like got old real quick. I quit watching MNF years ago.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I always wondered why I wasn't being drawn to watch MNF like before when it was one ABC.

Thanks Rick for explaining what I couldn't figure out !!

There is to much dribble going on instead of calling the game.

ESPN must not honor "free speech" is what it sounds like!

4. Rick Barker

If you follow NASCAR like my wife does, you will find the same thing when ESPN gets into the rotation for the broadcasts.

Boring.

I wonder if Hitler would feel insulted by HW Jr.'s remark???

Would not have been that big of a deal, if he said it about Bush.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And indeed there has been plenty of Bush bashing by liberal celebrities, yet they don't get booted from venues.

6. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Rich
    "Their bias towards the teams they did not like got old real quick"

Jon Gruden is the worst at that... I bet 95% of the words out of his mouth tonight were BRAGGING about the Tampa QB and running back, Freeman & Blount, Brag brag brag.. he does the same thing EVERY week.. picks his team and only talks about them.. I end up turning the sound off and just watching in silent..

As for ESPN.. what ever happened to Freedon Of Speech.. Way to Go Hank WIlliams Jr.. Maybe he can come up with a good jingle for the Republican Party for election this time.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Watching NFL football is the same as watching the events of a Crack House on a summer Saturday night!!

It's no better (actually worse) than the WWE.

Curt

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Any truth to the rumor that Hitler's relatives are going to sue Hank for defaming their relation by comparing Adolph to Obama?

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

There is no "Free Speech" when you are paid a lot of money to represent someone or something. That is the condition when you sign that lucrative contract to be a spokeman. Ask Gunny Lee Emery about it.

blade819

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I guess I heard Gruden call differently, I heard nothing but continual praise for both QB's with Jon grunden throwing more praise towards Painter and his ability to read the defense and make adjustments the entire evening.

Out of all the callers, those three are my second favorite to Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels. I really enjoy listening to those guys break down the plays.

ESPN is wrong to pull Hank's song. I am sick of the this ONE-WAY political correctness that is causing this country to rot from the inside out.

11. Rick Barker

blade819

oh, hell what is happening here.

Again, I agree with you.

ESPN had everyright to fire Williams.

And everyone of us has a right to fire ESPN.

12. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Rick........ it's because I lived in the Springs for a year and shot at Pikes Peak GC. I met Gunney at the SHOT show in Vegas when he was with GLOCK. He's a hell of a nice guy and a patriot. But, he opened his mounth and bit the hand that fed him with GLOCK and GEICO and look what he's doin now...Victory Motorcycles. I'm afraid when people get use to power, money and noterity, they often almost dare others to hold them accountable for their words and actions. Sounds like Politicians huh? In Hank and Gunney's case it was their employer.

blade819

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Was this statement made while "on the air" when he was actively working as a spokesperson for ESPN? If not, I'm sure Hanks' attorney will be "intouch".

Nothing more heartwarming than a whopper of a lawsuit against ESPN. When ALL country music fans, All NASCAR fans and 100% of rednecks love ol' Hank it outa' be interesting to see the backlash against ESPN. After all, Hank just said what most of us have been thinking anyway.

14. Rick Barker

Gunny is a passionate patriot.

Conditions of Hank's contract will determine the outcome.

Employers often insert a morals clause which covers all of a persons behavior while they are both on and off the clock.

If you people feel Hank was right. Send your emails of support to ESPN. I am sure they will be getting tons of them from the Left, saying "good job."

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Funniest part about the whole story is Hank is "Right" if your a student of history!

Obama is some much like Hitler it is Scary!!

16. Cray

Cray Member

On our noon news today,Hank referred to them as the "Three Stooges"!
    I don't know who the third person is.He did not say.

I wonder if Leno or the liberal "dummycrat" Letterman will have him on their show to tell his side of the story. Cray

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If the only way I can watch my baseball is on an ESPN affiliate I turn the TV off and turn on the radio. If the radio is an ESPN affiliate.......I go shooting. If the ESPN shows up at my shoots.......I don't know what I I'll do.

18. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/1eF6vCv13bw?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/1eF6vCv13bw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

19. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

He did not do himself any favors in that interview...

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

This is a double standard entertainment celebrities are allowed to say as they wish as long as they are democrats. The only case of the opposite happening is to the Dixie Chicks over comments about Dubya.

When all the country radio stations stopped airing their recordings because of those comments. Now HWJ in the latest yet when Tony Bennett made his comments about 9/11 he record company didn't suspend him.

The Hollywood for lunch bunch do more damage than Hank's statements will ever make. Case in point Morgan Freeman's racist comments about the Tea Party yet no repercussions to Freeman.

Business as usual for the Liberals.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.