1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ESP hearing protection.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JLSO5, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

I am thinking of buying a pair of the ESP plugs and would like to hear opinions from those who have them. The analog or the digitals and why you chose them.

2. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

I've had a pair for 3 or 4 years. They work find - put them in when you get to a shoot, turn them on, shoot, turn off and remove when leaving a shoot. You won't know you have them on except you'll hear everything but loud gun shots.

I have the analog model as they are less expensive and have never had any trouble with them. The battery live is outstanding as long as you turn them off when not in use.

Michael Stephenson

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

My everyday hearing aids are digital, and were provided by VA.

My ESP units are analog. These work well on the field. I would not have another type of hearing protection. These are monumentally less expensive than the digital units, and are typically worn only during shooting events.

Since I often Coach, run a range, or officiate, I need to be able to hear what is going on while on the field. ESP units are the way to go, for my money.

When it is VERY cold, I like my Peltors, when I am not shooting. They work well, but are miserable in hot weather.

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I've had problems with mine. I went thru one set of shells and one set of electronics. The first set ripped, was out of warrenty so they got me for $90.00 each for replacement. When the electronics went I threatened them and I got a free set. I'm a casual shooter maybe twice a week. I would go to www.earinc.com and see what they offer. I think EAR Inc has a different shell, hard plastic versus the clear soft type that ESP sells, may hold up better. Other than that their the same. Ironically they are both located in CO. One in Brighton and one in Boulder.
    Either way they it's the way to go. Dave T.

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Had a pair for at least 15 years. Been upgraded twice and they offer great service. Can't say a thing negative about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

esp hearing protection for trap shooting

esp hearing protection shooting