1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Escrow Service for guns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Being a new member here and not knowing exactly who eveyone is yet, I was wondering if there is a escrow service that you can use when buying or selling guns? If so it would pretty much eliminate any bad deals going wrong, years ago before I had 4000 ebay feedbacks I would ocassionally sell something to a buyer through a escrow service, I once bought 10-12 chainsaws from a local small engine place here that had smoke damage from a fire, they ran fine but were sooty looking, several of them were sold this way, everything worked out fine.. thanks!

2. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

If you need an escrow, have the seller take the item to an FFL who will ship to your FFL upon receipt of the money order and your FFL's license sent to the seller's FFL.

the insurance is that the seller's FFL will not want risk loss of license by engaging in monkey business, but some sellers do not want the hassle or the fee the FFL will charge.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

If you wish to have an escrow service, just send the money to me. After the deal is done, let me know and I will distribute any funds I have not already spent as soon as I can get around to it.

Pat Ireland

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have sold a few guns and always have the person wire the money into an account that I use just for that purpose if I do not or have not done business with that person before ... I have shipped guns before getting the money to people I have had prior dealings with and so far have never had a problem ... I had a guy ship me a gun and he didn't check his P.O. box for a week so my check sat there for that long and he didn't know if I sent it or not ... Integrity is a wonderful thing, the world needs more of it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

escrow service for firearms

gun eacrow