1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ernest Marlette???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by APrice, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APrice

APrice Active Member

Anyone have any information to relate on Mr. Marlette concerning his work on Krieghoff shotguns?

2. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

After 10 years of talking with Ernest on the phone I finally have the pleasure of meeting him last year when I went to Pinehurst NC. We spent three evenings together over dinner and shooting. I can tell you that he is a great shooter in his own right and an excellent gunsmith on Kroeghoff Shotguns. If I remember he stated his career working on Perazzi's but later went to working on Krieghoff's. He is world class in regards to his work, friendship and shooting. Just my opinion but knowing him is worth the price of admission.

Dennis DeVault

3. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

Ernest,is 1 of the few,if any,that actually hand polishes his parts,when he did a trigger for me,crisp,and flawless. Would HIGHLY recommend him for ANY Krieghoff
    work.
    Glenn Zimmerman

4. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

He did work on my K-80 trigger and I couldn't be happier with the results. A+ in my book. Will use him again when gun needs a fresh Annual.

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I'm with the rest. You won't regret using him. Great guy to work with.

Rick in MT

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

Add me to the list of BIG fans of Ernest. Great guy to talk with and a magician on the K-80 trigger.

--- Chip King ---

7. biercart

biercart Member

TWO THUMBS UP FOR Ernest!!

8. mike cain

mike cain Member

You will not have any regrets dealing with Ernest. I presently have a gun there for service.

9. fly

fly Active Member

Sent him my K80 for a service, and when it was done he called me stating so, and shipped it to me without payment. I had never done business with him in the past. Class A guy/operation.

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Thats where my Krieghoff goes for service. As good as it gets.

11. Maner

Maner TS Member

Ernie is the best gunsmith on triggers in the country.
    Let me tell you a secret about his shooting. He is one of the best trick shots
    that you will ever see. He makes shots that are upside down behind his back from the hip and he can do it with guns at random. Its something to see all the different shots he can make, it would take a while to describe. I have seen him shoot cases this way.He is even better with a rifle.Its funny because he is so known for his gunsmithing that people forget that he can shoot.He can shoot
    release quail from the hip with a 410. I have known him for 23 years and
    you will not find a better friend or gunsmith. Marvin

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nice guy- just know him from his work and talking over the telephone

I am not sure he sleeps much as he is in his shop working all night or used to be and would talk on the phone that entire time

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. banjo dave

banjo dave Member

Having spent the last two years set up next to Ernest at the Virginia State Shoot and hearing comments from his customers as to his excellent service I would rank Ernest right at the top of the list of gunsmiths be it rifle or shotgun. This is who I would choose to work on my gun.

Dave Thomas

14. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

Ernest is THE man!!.............period.

15. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

He is a Krieghoff dealer himself worked in Hal Duponts servicing K guns at the world Sporting Clays in San Antonio as good as it gets as a K gunsmith. Buddy

16. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Ernest and I have become pretty good friends through gunsmithing and as a result of the many, many of our conversations. I have even convinced him to do some work on Perazzis and he gets parts from me.

In my opinion Ernest is one 100% genuine nice guy. I consider him of the same cloth as Kerry Allor. Both are EXTREMELY great gunsmiths, and extremely great gentlemen. In fact we (Kerry and Ernest) keep telling each other that we need to meet for dinner sometime in the not too distant future. It would be a hoot for all three of us to sit and lie (not serious) to each other over dinner.

I consider it a priviledge to be in their circle of friendship. K gun owners are genuinely lucky to have Ernest.

Whiz White

17. todman2

todman2 Member

Blued my Super Crown 3 years ago and it still looks new. The trigger work he did was flawless. When it comes to Kreghoff he is my gunsmith

18. johnboy

johnboy Member

He did a outstanding bluing on a Krieghoff San Remo model 32 several years ago and also did a K80 trigger conversion ( just the trigger ) on the same gun. Earnest had a problem getting a K80 trigger shoe and had the gun for three months before fitting the gun with a K80 trigger shoe. I had a problem with the trigger not firing the top barrel shortly after but somehow fixed itself. I had a couple conversations with Earnest during all of this and I think he is a extremely nice fellow. I have also had Krieghoff International service the gun and would give them serious consideration with future work.

19. copperjohn

copperjohn Member

Ernest is #1 he's really good on Super x's plus he likes them, says still one of the best auto loaders made. he did work on my super x and reblued the barrel
    blueing was outstanding!!! worth every penny, Very honest and a real nice man and if I had a K gun he would be the man no question.

20. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Please let me add my unqualified recommendation of Ernest Marlette as a gunsmith and a man of character and integrity.

I have had Ernest do work on both K80's and SX-1s of mine (both mechanical and bluing work) and I can not be more pleased with the results. I also vouch for his unflinching honesty both in business and in personal conversations.

I am very proud to call Ernest a friend although we do not get to see each other as much in recent years as we once did.

You will not go wrong sending Krieghoff work to Ernest Marlette.

Stephen Meyers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

comments on ernest marlette fine firearms service

ernest krieghoff

ernest marlete

ernest marlette
ernest marlette firearms

ernest marlette gunsmith