Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ERIC WEIKUM BENIFIT SHOOT APRIL 29TH

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Topgunz99@aol.com 
#1 ·
We have great things for a silent auction. For starters, we have Galco products, such as a sporting clays shooting bag, and a leather box holder w/belt. A combo leather box holder and pouch w/belt from Mile High Shooting Accessories. We have Nascar tickets, Sox tickets, hunting trips, Bulls tickets, ATA merchandise donated by the ATA. Custom shooting bags from Shamrock, a signed shooting bag from Leo Harrison III, a Remington Earnhart shooting bag, and Redlin prints. Plus much more. This is sure to be a great shoot. Hope to see every one there.

#4 ·
I thank you William. And every one can see all the info for the shoot on this web site and for those of you who would like info now the date of the shoot is April 29th, practice starts @ 9 o'clock with the calcutta auction starting @ 11 sharp with program starting there after. Any other questions can mostly be answered on the program, and directions to the club on the web site as well.

#5 ·
Items for auction here a few like i said in the first thread this time there are 2 tickets in the pit for the nascar event sat and sunday @ chicagoland speedy way in joliet, 4 sets of SOX tickets, we have one comemerative Earnhart shooting bag made by shamrock from Remington, A signed shamrock shooting bag from Leo Harrison, A shamrock shooting bag in Eric Weikums name, A pheasant hunt donated by South Wilmington sportsmans club, A sporting clays shooting bag by Galco from Mile High shooting accesories, along galco w/box holder w/belt,and galco shooting pouch box houlder combo w/belt, 2 sets of terminator shooting pads, Terry redlin print. Those are some of the item off the top of my head.

#8 ·
I really think we are going too have a wonderful shoot this sunday the weather is going to be 77 and sunny how can you go wrong. Beautiful day good targets thrown on all PAT traps who can ask for any thing more. Were going to have great food lake pearch and pork chops. So recap free food, good targets, wonderful weather, fantastic sielent auction and too help childrens cancer souynd great to me and I hope too see every one out there.

Frank Bentley III

#12 ·
I hope to see all my friends at Downers Grove Gun Club to support the Eric Weikum Benefit. The Calcutta at the club was GREAT in 2006. This event is to raise money for Cancer Research at the University of Chicago Childrens Hospital, and ATA HAll of Fame College Scholarship in Eric's name . Every year during the Grand American a College bound ATA trapshooter recieves a cash scholarship to help with College funding. Collette and I will be cooking breakfast early Sunday morning , so get there early and enjoy breakfast on us. Frank Bentley III , and my daughter Ondrea have worked extremely hard getting this event going for 2007. Come out and shoot the event, win some money, and eat really well. Lunch will also be served after the shoot.

The list of items is getting long and it will be very interesting event to attend. In the years past when ever Eric would win a large event somewhere, I would let the local newspaper know about it. The news of shooters doing things that are positive, is just one way to get our point accross to the general public to understand just what genuine great people we have in our sport. All of us shooters/sportsman know and understand it, but unfortunately the other general public doesn't. This is one way to get the message out.

In many ways this event will make us all feel good about giving something back to people that need some help in their life. I can tell you that if the time comes when you need something or someone, it's great to have a friend, or loved one to help during those tough times. Collette, and Ondrea and I are forever grateful to all our frinds that were there for us when we needed them.

Thank you and see you at the club,
George, Collette, and Ondrea Weikum

P.S. If anyone needs something feel free to call me 630-878-9401.

#15 ·
My, sincere thanks to Frankie Bentley III, and my daughter Ondrea for the success of this event. They both worked very hard organizing, and getting donations,designing T-shirts,and running the event. Harvey and Debbie Shell were very helpful also handling the sign-ups and squadding, thanks to you also. The shooters were generous and enjoyed the event. I hope all will tell their friends and return next year with more shooters and I 'm sure Frankie and Ondrea will make it even a larger event.

Donations for the raffles came from a large variety of donors from all over the country. My thanks to all of them . I'm not sure of all of them, Frankie and Ondrea will list all of them. Jack Tezak donated lunch and it was enjoyed by all, thank Jack.

The event will send money to University of Chicago Oncology, and ATA Hall of Fame Scholarship fund in Eric Weikum's name. The money will be spit down the middle for each.

Many of Eric's friends traveled as much as 400 miles to attend this event. For everyone, no matter how close, or how far you traveled, my family thanks you , and we will always be grateful for you generousity and passion for the Eric Weikum Benefit Shoot. Thanks to all,for making a day that we will always cherish, George, Collette, and Ondrea Weikum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.