1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ergosign Stock?Anyone have one or try one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by George MT., Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Hey shooters, Just checking to see if anyone has had a chance to try out the Ergosign stock system?I had a chance to read a write up on them and the info is pretty good but would like to hear from someone who owns one ect.They do not list cost that I could find on thier site so would be curious about that too.Thanks for any replys.George

2. magic

magic Member

George,

Took a hard look at them last Friday at the Sporting US Open. Very well made but pricey. The base unit is $3100 and the fully optioned out is $5000. With that there is no recoil reduction built in. I will stay with my PFS....same concept for $1295.

Jason Sheehy

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Never picked one up but I did just watched a youtube video on them. Looks to me like a precision fit stock has a lot more adjustment to it. The ergo stocks appear to have a much better fitting grip but otherwise I see no other advantage for an aditional $2000.

4. Gixxerpilot750

Gixxerpilot750 TS Member

I also took a good look at the Ergostock at the Open and can't wait for Vern at PFS to make similar grips for his stock. Same concept, with recoil reduction at a third of the price.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The only thing they have going for them is that they look a LITTLE better than a PFS. Other than that, the PFS has all the features of an ergosign stock, and more, for 1/4 to 1/3 the price.

You could have a custom wood grip made to mimic the ergosign design for the PFS, and still be $ ahead.

6. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.I mainly like the grip idea as the more comfort there the better.I would think it would help with the pointablility.Thanks George

7. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Tried it and loved it. When set up properly, you really feel locked in with the gun. Major and only reason I didn't go with it was the price. It was far cheaper in the long haul to have a glove fit stock made to measure for my P gun which accomplished the same thing. Downside between the glove grip and Ergo is that Ergo will fit the stock to your hand, similar to the Olympic pistol shooters. And we all know, the better a gun fits... If you can handle the price, go for it.

Hal

8. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

I have tried it and really liked the feel. The gripbis awesome and with a few quick adjustments the thing was set and ready to go...I shoot Olympic Trap and live in Germany where you can get a base version for around 2000 Euros which in real terms is close to 2000 Dollars due to the high sales tax here.

I will buy one I am pretty sure with the standard XL grip and a Kick Eze...

I am floored by the prices for these in the US - thought they would see the potential volume and go aggressively with price. I think they have priced themselves out of the market and there will be others that will come with similar products.

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

If you have a PFS you can reshape your grip by grinding and filling until you reach the shape that works best for you. This can be done with glass filled Bondo or some other such product.

If you're willing to spend more, Stocker John or some other stockman can shape a grip out of wood to your exact dimensions for lower total cost than Ergosign's current price. I will give the Euro product credit, they look cool and feel great in the hands.............

Surfer

10. BBelanger

BBelanger TS Member

I have an Ergosign Evocomp for my MX8. The weight difference between this stock and a wood stock of a comparable size is only about 1 to maybe 4 ounces, which is not much at all. I love the stock. I mainly shoot International Skeet and the fit and control achieved with this stock for low and pre-mounted shooting disciplines is absolutely unparalleled. With that being said, yes they are expensive, but they are literally the best that any shooter can possibly buy. The craftsmanship on these stocks is also unlike anything i've seen. The amount of thinking that went into engineering these stocks is also amazing. For example, there are more possible adjustments than just meets the eye. Re-arranging certain parts of the stock and reversing certain pieces allows for more pitch, etc, in certain directions. I have also had a Perazzi glove stock. While I really liked that stock, this stock is beyond comparison in terms of feel. I was warned before I bought one that once you pick one up, you will never want to shoot anything else again, and that statement holds true.

11. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

it is good if you are shooting low gun discpline like international skeet--it weighs less than the pfs----

12. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Website URL is above. I wonder if there would be enough adjustment to fit me. Maybe so. It reminds me of a try stock. Once it fits, who needs the adjustments? It seems like a lot of money for flexibility you will only use a few times. However, there is nothing like a stock that fits really well!

Currently available for:

Beretta: DT10, DT11, 682/686, ASE 90, ASE Gold

Blaser: F3

Krieghoff: K-32/K-80

Perazzi: MX8/MX2000/MX2003/MX2005/MX2008

Renato Gamba: Daytona/Carrera/Star Cup

13. BBelanger

BBelanger TS Member

The grip is really the part that is world's beyond what is currently available now.
    The adjustability is just nice to have in case you ever change physically or shooting style-wise.

14. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

tryed them on two k80s and a perazzi all kicked like a mule!!! and tes i did set them up. sorry not for me try before u buy!!!

15. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Pitch was set to what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dt 11 skeet with evocomp stock
ergo gun stocks
ergosign shotgun stock

ergosign shotgun stock price

ergosign stock

ergosign stock adjustment