1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ERAD your thoughts SURVEY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rollnblock, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

Our club is thinking of getting away from the cantaburys and going with the ERADS for registered shoots. Im taking a poll to find out how many would still shoot or would you leave appon learnig of the erad use?

for ya'll that dont know the erad it is a reciever that you clip to your lapel. no more speaker on a stand in front of you.

Thank you
    D White

2. travisalfrey

travisalfrey Member

I have used both and prefer the erads hands down.

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

erads are great.

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Our NC Homegrounds use them - Rockingham Gun Club - Coharie GC - Buckhorn GC - our club has 80 members that own their own devices.

We have a switch in the trap that switches between the ERAD and the wired sets for clubmembers that don't have them.

We have 4 complete sets for our registered shoots.

Also - we have them for our skeet fields also.....

FRedmon

PS - the fellow in the middle is wearing an ERAD

5. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

Come on guys 82 looks and only 3 responses. All I need is a stayig or going. Will take you all of five seconds.
    D White

6. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

They are great but if you intend to use them for any type of registered or other organized shoots make certain the scorekeeper has a "master" control that will disable all of the individual mics. otherwise your going to waste a lot of targets. They do take a little getting accustomed to as it's easy to forget you have the mic clipped on and walk away then somebody has to track you down to retrieve it. Ross Puls

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

STAY and shoot.

--- Chip King ---

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have not seen them but I'm guessing that their use would eliminate targets released by loud callers on adjacent trap fields and I think that is a big distraction especially in Handicap.

9. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

ERADs are great. They are not nearly as noise or speaking voice sensitive as Canterburys, very reliable and readily programmable. I really like using then where ever available.

10. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

My vote is for. I have my own set. They are particularly nice in Handicap. No moving the mic before you can shoot. Everyone does it.

Rick in MT

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Our club, Durham County Wildlife in North Carolina just got several sets for registered shoots.
    We'd like to start using then for every day shooting. Right now were still using our wired Canterburys. You need to make your members responsible for not losing or walking off with then.
    I'd like to buy my own personal one like Fred.

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Everything else is stone age compared to Erads. There are no & I mean eroneous calls from adjacent fields or autoloaders slamming their actions closed. No speakers to move. No wires to maintain.

Phil Berkowitz

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have never used or seen ERADS but looks like a good thing from what I hear

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

ERADs will spoil you. They are great.

bluedsteel

15. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Where can you purchase these? Is there a website with info on them?

16. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

Back to the top. Help me out with the survey

17. 682LINY

682LINY Member

i am in NY,, only place I have used is Tenn and NC and wish everyone had them,,, best thing scince sliced bread in handicap

18. ewayne

ewayne TS Member

I have used all of the voice release systems. The erads are fine if the weather is perfect, The scorer knows how to program them and they don't walk away with the previous squad. Rainy weather plays havok with them. The wired Canterbury seems to be the system with the least problems for me and the Club I manage.
    Wayne Wills

19. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

going to push it back to the top. hopefully to find out what is ment by the rain messing with them.

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

How about, you don't get to hear your score until you hand in the unit?

(Guess that doesn't work with the pissed-off guy who shot 17 and stomped off...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.