1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Epoxy vent rib ?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BL, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BL

BL Member

Any of you gents ever tried to epoxy a loose rib back on? How did it work out and what did you use?

2. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

I once installed a solid rib on a barrel which originally had no rib. Owned and shot it for several years with no problem.

Clean barrel and rib with acetone. Use JB Weld (not quick weld) held in place with clamps for 24 hours. Remove excess JB before it hardens.

3. atashooter

atashooter Member

Same thing as jnoe, JB weld woks like a champ. Clean surface with gunscrubber or acetone first.

4. chrisg

chrisg Member

Loctite Black Max. This is the best for ribs because it has a little flex to it which allows it to absorb the vibrations from recoil.

5. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Use hi temp Permatex. Has the fexibility to withstand the recoil vibrations. Most epoxy doesn't. Make sure you degrease first.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I put a rib on with a black epoxy I got from Poly-Choke. It's the same stuff they put golf club heads on the shaft with. Still flexible after 6 years.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

epoxy on vent ribs

will a epoxied on vent rib