1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Environmentally friendly loads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I was just wondering about how much Trap shooters polute the environment every time they pull the trigger. Is there anything that we can do as a group to help save the planet and reduce global warming? Maybe start using types of powder made from kelp/and or soy and perhaps wads made of hemp and make steel shot mandetory? We could also reduce methane by changing our menus at some of the gun clubs.

Any other ideas?

2. psfive

psfive Member

What type of line are you pulling this lure with?????????? Paul

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

After you finnish shooting for the day, pick up your hulls, then pick up your wads, and then with a dust pan and broom sweep up your shot. Then take it all home and use it to reload some shells for tomorrow. HMB

4. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Anytime you get a bunch of trapshooters together you're gonna contribute to global warming. The shotshell discharges have negligible affect.

How's Kitty?

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

You could always car pool to the club. How many guns, shell bags, and shooters can you get in your Prius? Wayne

6. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

How about catalytic converters or better yet after burners. After burners might be particularly useful for burning off the excess methane gases from all the BS.

Robert

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I just use paper hulls with felt wads and cardboard overshot cards. I recycle the spent primers, paper tubes, and the brass when the hulls are used up. The clubs mine the lead every so often and what's leftover is biodegradeable.

ss

8. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

No one walking on this earth today is going to see global warming true wrath so who cares!! Have YOUR fun while YOUR still living! but thats just my mind.

Tony Fortino

9. psfive

psfive Member

I only have two questions. Is unobtanium cheaper than lead? Where can I get some? I have a big truck. Paul

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Global warming is a farce. The shells and wads we used are quickly reclaimed by the earth. They burn and rust and what is left is buried. Lead comes from the earth and goes back to the earth. Don't worry about it. The earth will survive with or without Al Gore.

11. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

I love global warning I can shoot right into December not like year ago I can still enjoy the cold in January and February to load up for next years shooting. Keep the LEAD flying .POWDER burning.The only part that sounds good is the hemp wads, isn't that were grass or weed comes from? Please do what you can to help the globe warm up, open as many aerosol cans and car air conditioners into the air as you can afford. Thank you for helping an old man.
    Pete

12. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Maybe if the "cap and trade" bill becomes law, David will be out looking for some carbon credits to keep this site going.

Maybe the gun manufactures could surely come up with a break-open, spring powered, air shotgun. Recycle wheat straw for wads, use mustard seed up to hard dried peas to get the shot size you need. Grandma's old sugar cookie receipt would be great for replacing clays, the cookies tasted great, were hard, and broke easy. If they got a little damp and became unusable you eat what's left.

We actually probably should be more concerned about getting "gored" by an ex vice president of the same name.

13. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I read somewhere about pellets made out of seasoning for bird hunting. Kills em and seasons em in one shot.

14. maka

maka Member

Wayneo: A Prius will comfortly haul 4 (200lbs+) shooters and all there guns and bags. Have a friend that drives one.

15. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

The responses to a question were truly surprising to me. I'm not overly convinced that we can do a whole lot regarding global warming but is it wrong to consider how we can improve the area in which we and our kids are going to live? Some clubs have gone to steel shot using biodegradeable wads. Other than expense, is that wrong? Numerous hunting clubs require shooting steel shot, using biodegradeable wads and telling you to pick up your spent plastic hulls. Is that wrong? Although biodegradeable wads are a little more expensive, they pattern as well as plastic, load the same and disappear in a couple of years. Is that bad? I do believe we need to be aware of what we can do to help our environment while still enjoying it. I have been hunting and trapshooting in the midwest for over 50 years and will continue to do so. Think about what you can do to make our earth a little bit better.

16. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I am thinking about my fellow hunters and future hunters when I leave my hulls in the field. They tell anyone coming behind me, this is a good place to hunt. But seriously, they don't last long. They burn when the fields burn and they rust. Over time they are buried. I find remnants of old shells from time to time. Burned, rusted and half buried. I hardly ever find old wads. They wouldn't last long. I always leave the shot too. Never find any old shot in the fields. Back to the earth where they came from. Same thing that happens to us when we die.

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

The supposed Global Warming problem could be relieved by eliminating all of the hot air that seems to originate on this site.

Pat Ireland

18. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They just anounced the other day on CNN that this was the warmest decade ON RECORD. I believe that a lot of this could be due to Trap shooters.

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you freeze the marshmallows they ewill break a target.

The "warm" decade is related by the fudged data the scam artists produced.

I just wonder if there are any conservative scientists or are they all pukes?

Tron, email sent.

HM

20. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Tron, as always you offer food for thought, all be it very little. Kitty put you up to this post didn't he? That feline watched Al Gore way to much as a kitten. The hemp wads however do give one pause. Shoot em, collect em, and rollem in some Jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.