1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Entitlements ? Is this true?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Twinbirds, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

?

The Lord Will Save His People! God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son so that whoever believes in Him may not be lost, but have eternal life.

Let’s put some of these “ENTITLEMENTS” on the table and call them what they are and put a cap on them.

Salary of retired US Presidents .............$180,000 FOR LIFE
    Salary of House/Senate ......................$174,000 FOR LIFE This is stupid

Salary of Speaker of the House .............$223,500 FOR LIFE! This is really stupid
    Salary of Majority/Minority Leader ...... $193,400 FOR LIFE! Ditto last line

Average Salary of a teacher ............... $40,065
    Average Salary of Soldier DEPLOYED IN AFGHANISTAN .......$38,000

Think about this.
    Nancy Pelosi will retire as a Congress Person at $174,000 Dollars a year for LIFE.
    She has retired as SPEAKER at $223,500 a year.
    PLUS she will receive an additional $193,400 a year as Minority Leader.
    That’s $803,700 Dollars a year for LIFE including FREE medical which is notavailable to US...the taxpayers?

She is just one of the hundreds of Senators and Congress that float in and out every year!
    I think we found where the cuts should be made!
    If you agree ..... pass it on, I just did

Perhaps need to trim the top heavy government officials first ?

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more ..not a one of them is worth more tha 75K a year with all the perks they get...the prez 100K tops...after out of office no more than 25% if one term to no more than 40% after multiple terms...if they want to get wealthy let them go back into private practice or industry and work for it

3. 548

548 Guest

Pension
    All members of Congress are automatically (without the option of withdrawal) enrolled in the Federal Employees' Retirement System, a pension system for civil servants. They become eligible to receive benefits after five years of service (3 terms in the House). The FERS is composed of three elements:
    Social Security
    The FERS basic annuity, a monthly pension plan based on the number of years of service and the average of the three highest years of basic pay
    The Thrift Savings Plan, a 401k-like retirement account into which participants can deposit up to a maximum of $17,000 in 2012. Their employing agency matches employee contributions up to 5% of pay.
    Members of Congress may retire with full benefits at age 62 after five years of service, at age 50 after twenty years of service, and at any age after twenty-five years of service. They may retire with reduced benefits at ages 55 to 59 after five years of service, and age 50 after 20 years of service. Depending on birth year, they may receive a reduced pension after ten years of service if they are between 55 years and 57 years of age.[21]

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well, I was having a nice day, until I read all that.

5. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Ok they can't get their job done on time, so why shouldn't they be penalized?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.