1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Entertainment at the Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Don S, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don S

Don S Member

From the Sparta News Webdealer

Bands to play at Grand

The line-up of entertainment has been announced for the 2008 Grand American. Last year tickets were sold for a Charlie Daniels concert at the event. This year four bands will play free shows.
    The line-up is:

Aug. 9: Jackson Junction
    Aug. 11: Cruisin'
    Aug. 13: Overboard
    Aug. 15: Hobbs on Vacation

Sparta Mayor Rob Link said the City of Sparta, Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA) and 17th Street Bar & Grill are underwriting the shows. The city will hire the bands. 17th Street will provide hors d'oeuvres and the ATA will offer drink refreshments. Link stressed that the shows are open to the public and are not being held just for shooters. "We want to stress this is a community gathering. It's not just for the shooters," Link said. "The public is invited." The shows are scheduled from 6:30-10:30 p.m. in the area to the north of the Events Center. "Charlie Daniels was great, but they had to charge $30 for a ticket," Link said. "We wanted to hire more local entertainment that everyone could afford."

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Sounds like some great entertainment, great entertainment indeed.

3. IMR 7625

IMR 7625 Member

WHAT KIND OF MUSIC

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The biggest complaint I hear about Sparta is that you don't run into the people you used to in Vandaila. The Grand at Sparta is so much bigger and spread out so you never see anybody.

My wish would be that they install a jumbotron at the Grand and show movies at night. Invite everybody to bring their lawn chairs and watch a movie at night near the CEB. That would provide entertainment and give people a chance to meet other shooters. It would get shooters out of their campers parked 2 miles away from other shooters.

Just a pie in the sky wish.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Of course there are cricket races each night.....and firefly counting too.....

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

So the people of Sparta can only afford something if it is free? Is that what he means by "more affordable". I think the last concert I went to I paid $75 for the cheap seats...$30 seems very reasonable..even if it is for Charlie Daniels.

Forrest

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Is the fishin hole open yet?

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The fishing hole is open.

Go to the shoot offs at night to mingle.

You missed the whole point of the entertainment. Dumb statement. It's supposed to be a community event, with the community footing a large portion of the bill. Are you afraid to mingle with the locals??

Don

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Actually I find the most entertainment just watching the people wandering around vendor's row.

2nd most entertaing is watching the competitors shoot.

Curt

10. Hap MecTweaks

Big Don, I didn't miss a thing big fellow, I asked if the fishin hole was open yet. When I want to listen to music I enjoy, I do. Also enjoy the shoot-offs and mingle with anyone that wants to mingle. Hap

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Hap; sorry you missed my point. My only comment to you was in reference to the fishing hole. The rest was for Forrest and bisi.

Don

12. Hap MecTweaks

Gottcha Don. I'm thinkin of going this year, want some big bluegill for dinner? :) Hap

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I don't know about gills but I was talking to a IDNR guy last year and they are supposed to have some monster bass in there. He told of some guys they caught poaching them.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.