1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Enlarging exisiting photos

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 1moreround, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Could someome please explain to me how to enlarge existing photos? I've done a search and found nut-ting. Thank you...Ernie Roberts

2. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Send them to me I will try for you.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

sign up for image shack it is free. It is like photobucket but it has the ability to enlarge or shrink easily

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I think Microsoft Power Toys does it also.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

1moreround

"Could someome please explain to me how to enlarge existing photos?"

Thats a pretty broad subject. Existing photos existing where on your hard drive? In a Photobucket account or exactly where are you talking about. Makes a difference.

Bob Lawless

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you are talking about a photo you saved to your hard drive, then the easiest and cheapest solution is IrfanView. It is one of the few photo handling programs that when a photo is enlargened, it automatically calculates the new resolution. This means if you double the size of a photo, it will automatically take each pixel and make four pixels out of it. The resulting photo does not look "blocky". Note that there is a limit to how far you can take this process, because there is definitely a point of diminishing returns.<br>
    <br>
    You can do the same thing in Photoshop and some other programs, but you will have to do it manually.

7. Olrusty

Olrusty TS Member

Microsoft Power toys does it with a Prog you can download from their site-But only if your using XP. It won't work with Vista. In fact, not much` will work w/Vista I've found---Jack M

8. 333t

333t Member

Ernie:

It is easy if you have Microsoft Word on your computer. Just copy and paste the photo on to a new Word document (blank page). Then you can select from a menu of sizes to enlarge or reduce the picture. The range is from 10% to 500%. It also allows you to lighten or darken the exposure and change the contrast among other options.

Phil

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mash the link for the Windows Live Photo Gallery that runs in Vista. It's from Microsoft and it will size them up or down.

10. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Thanks all for the replies. I was wondering if anything could be done on TS.com to enlarge existing photos, but I guess not. I reduced the size of the originals in photobucket, and now trying to enlarge them, looks blocky. This computer does not allow "word" to open....

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

1moreround

"I reduced the size of the originals in photobucket, and now trying to enlarge them, looks blocky"

Well without knowing how you reduced them in photobucket I can't tell you how to make them bigger again in photobucket. If how ever you got them from your own camera and put them on your hard drive and then uploaded them to photobucket.

Why don't you(if they are still in your computer of course)delete them from photobucket if you haven't already posted them on line. Then reload them from your computer to photobucket and they should reload as they were in the beginning.

As far as your statement about word.

"This computer does not allow "word" to open...."

What does this have to do with enlarging photos??????

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.