1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Enjoying sharing the sport with my kids!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bullcreek, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullcreek

Bullcreek Member

I just wanted to take a minute to share some pictures from this past weekend. I got my son involved in the shotgunning sports last year and I have been enjoying every minute of it. I started him out on Sporting Clays last year and the past two months we have been working on Trap. He joined the School trap team this January and took HOA in the Jr. High Novice division in his first High School Shoot. Not to bad for only being in 6th Grade!

This Saturday something in his head just clicked and he set his personal best scores in trap and sporting clays. We shot two rounds of trap and a round of 50 sporting. In his second round of trap he shot an 18 and he shot a 43 out of 50 on sporting. Now I can't wait to get my daughter involved in the sport. I figure she will be ready to start shooting in another year. I encourage the dads and grandfathers to get their young ones out there shooting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gus

gus Member

BETTER THAN SITTING PLAYING VIDEO GAMES !

3. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing with us.

Bruce

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thats awesome!!!

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

All of the above and CONGRATULATIONS, be proud. you will appreciate this even more when they grow up and thank you. Plus this is cheap compared to funerals--hospitals or lawyers. Again congrats. Ross Puls

6. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great photos. That is awesome.

Bud Bartholow

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My grandson Zach has been coming out to the range for the past few years helping me behind the counter. Last year he started breaking his first few targets...

He knows we use steel shells at Naperville, but when he pulled out that puppy, I told him that while it was "steel", it had to be 12 gauge or smaller for trap...

[​IMG]

Best regards all,

Jay

8. r2d1robert

r2d1robert TS Member

My son's first merit badge earned as a Boy Scout was his Shotgun merit badge. The first picture is the "graduating" class of scouts from the Blackhawk Area Council - Sycamore District McHenry County, IL, that earned the Shotgun merit badge and the next is my son with his shotgun. And, yes it looks like it is a bit big but these pictures are now two years old and he has grown nicely into the gun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.