1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Interrogation Methods Used!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Luckyman, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

From CNBC no less! Bush was right again about the necessary interrogation tactics needed to get pertinent information that ultimately lead to the death of Bin Laden. Liberals argued for years that you can't get "valid" and useful" information using methods such as waterboarding. Guess what? Wrong again! If we followed the liberals policies Iraq would NOT be stabilized(Remember the Surge would not work?), our military would be further stretched and Bin Laden would still be on the run...

Richard Burr member of the US Senate Intelligence Committee has told CNBC that the death of Ossama Bin Laden was a direct result of enhanced interrogations.

“The information that eventually led us to this compound was the direct result of enhanced interrogations; one can conclude if we had not used enhanced interrogations, we would not have come to yesterday's action,” US Senator Richard Burr in a telephone interview with CNBC.

As a member of the US Senate Intelligence Committee, Burr was briefed on the attack on the compound that led to Bin Laden’s death and believes the failure of Pakistani security forces to find the al-Qaeda leader sooner will be a strain on US relations.

“It's common knowledge that the US-Pakistan relationship was strained prior to this action, there will be continual talks about what ISI (Pakistani security forces) did or didn't know,” he said.

The death of Bin Laden will, however, improve the US position in Afghanistan where the US and NATO forces are locked in a war of attrition with the Taliban and al-Qaeda forces.

“Yesterday's action sends a loud message, we can find you and we can kill you...even though we had a victory…, the war on terror continues,” Burr said.

2. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Wait....Here is more on the subject!

Bush-Era Interrogations Provided Key Details on Bin Laden's Location

Years of intelligence gathering, including details gleaned from controversial interrogations of Al Qaeda members during the Bush administration, ultimately led the Navy SEALs who killed Usama bin Laden to his compound in Pakistan.

The initial threads of intelligence began surfacing in 2003 and came in the form of information about a trusted bin Laden courier, a senior U.S. official told Fox News on condition of anonymity. Bin Laden had cut off all traditional lines of communication with his network by this time because the Al Qaeda leader knew the U.S. intelligence community was monitoring him. It was said that he also didn’t even trust his most loyal men to know his whereabouts and instead communicated only through couriers.

But it was four years later, in 2007, that terror suspects at the Guantanamo Bay military prison started giving up information about the key courier.

Around this time, the use of enhanced interrogation tactics, including waterboarding, a form of simulated drowning, were being denounced as torture by critics of the Bush administration. President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney came under intense pressure for supporting rough treatment of prisoners. Critics claimed that any information given under duress simply couldn’t be trusted.

It is an argument that Bush and Cheney strongly rejected then, and now.

“I would assume that the enhanced interrogation program that we put in place produced some of the results that led to bin Laden's ultimate capture,” Cheney told Fox News on Monday, a hint of vindication in his voice. Read more at foxnews.com.

Senator: Enhanced Interrogations Led to Bin Laden Kill

A member of the US Senate Intelligence Committee has told CNBC that the death of Osama Bin Laden was a direct result of enhanced interrogations.

“The information that eventually led us to this compound was the direct result of enhanced interrogations; one can conclude if we had not used enhanced interrogations, we would not have come to yesterday's action,” US Senator Richard Burr in a telephone interview with CNBC. Read more at cnbc.com.

Officials: CIA Interrogators at Secret Prisons Developed First Strands That Led to Bin Laden

Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden’s most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed’s successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania. Read more at washingtonpost.com.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Where is the MSM on this?

Probably looking for some barbecue sauce to put on their helping of crow.

HM

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

If all of this information was received during the Bush presdent years from these tactics, why didn't the Bush administration use the information to get Bin Laden? If Obama did not support these tactics, then what you are saying is there was no more information received on Bin Ladens whereabouts and that all information received after the Bush administration, would not have made a difference.

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Without waterboarding and the information that was recovered from that interrogation technique Bin Laden would still be alive!!!! If we used interrogation techniques that Obama supports Bin Laden would be alive...Without George W. Bush and his streamlining of communications between the CIA and FBI Bin Laden would still be alive...Without close to 10 years of relentless pressure that came directly from the Bush Administration Bin Laden would be alive...The only credit that Obummer can take for anything is that he was breathing while all of this took place...

6. Stl Flyn

Still does not explain why Bush did not use this information to get him during his time in power.

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Why do you think Bin Laden was on the run for so long and unable to do anything for 10 years??? We were on his tail utilizing the information received from enhanced interrogation techniques all under BUSH!

What are you saying? Are you saying the Navy Seals teams were not able to get Bin Laden while Bush was in charge because of bad information gathered from waterboarding? This guy was running from cave to cave for close to 10 years!!

He would have NEVER BEEN CAPTURED WITHOUT THE INTEL WE RECEIVED FROM WATERBOARDING whether this happened one day after 9-11 or 10 years after...END OF STORY!!

8. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I thought the he had been living at the compound where he was killed for the past 5 to 6 years? Not in a cave.

9. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Does anyone really know where he lived for any extended period of time? Cave compound whatever he was a prisoner of his own domain!! He's been on the run and hiding for 11 years! WE do know one thing for sure...Without enhanced interrogation techniques like " Waterboarding " we my have never found him but becuase we did....We did...and....Now he's dead and the wrong guy gets to take the credit!

10. hunter44

Just how do you know what methods were used to extract info? It could have been a large cash payment couldn't it? Just how do you "know" all these facts? I've researched the subject & I can't find these "facts". How do you do it?

11. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

You want to know how I know??? I read about facts from people that would know what is fact and what is not....Do you see what is coming from very high up individuals within our government such as Richard Burr from The US Senate Intelligence Committee and our CIA Directors? Did you read any of the articles posted? I would suggest taking some time doing some reading instead of wildly speculating....

12. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Everything that I've seen on all the networks indicate that no info about the courier was obtained during any waterboarding sessions. As far as who should get credit both Presidents should rejoice. Policies started by Bush and continued by Obama take credit. This isn't a time to finger point and try to down play the Presidential choice to send in troops. Bin Laden is dead and as Americans all of us can rejoice in that fact. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

13. hunter44

Luckyman, your politically hatered has gotten to you.....if you want to give Bush credit for everything, be my guest, but please provide some links to your "research" so that I might do some "reading". I certainly am no Obama fan but I sure wasn't a Bush fan either. As far as I'm concerned Bush is the number one reason that we have Obama in office today, and I'm certainly not happy about that.

I agree 100% with Chuck, I think his feelings represent "nearly" all Americans.

14. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

You are misreading and labeling political hatred as nothing more than cold hard facts presented that don't sit well with liberals! Liberals like to believe that waterboarding creates terrorists and is torture...LOL! Conservatives believe it helps to get the necessary information that leads to the capture and death of terrorists...In light of Bin Laden being killed I think the facts speak for themselves...

Lets not forget that there was NOT ONE ATTACK under the Bush years following 9-11 and many were prevented due to information gained from enhanced interrogation techniques....

Because certain people don't like the facts I present it's easy to throw around the label of "hater"....The only thing I hate about liberals is their thought process and what they are doing to my country!!!!

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here ya go toadies.

"On the role of interrogation:
    BRIAN WILLIAMS: Can you confirm that it was as a result of water boarding that we learned what we needed to learn to go after Bin Laden?
    LEON PANETTA: Brian, in the intelligence business you work from a lot of sources of information and that was true here… It's a little difficult to say it was due just to one source of information that we got… I think some of the detainees clearly were, you know, they used these enhanced interrogation techniques against some of these detainees. But I'm also saying that, you know, the debate about whether we would have gotten the same information through other approaches I think is always going to be an open question.
    BRIAN WILLIAMS: So finer point, one final time, enhanced interrogation techniques -- which has always been kind of a handy euphemism in these post-9/11 years -- that includes water boarding?
    LEON PANETTA: That's correct."

Read more: http://thepage.time.com/2011/05/03/panetta-public-likely-to-see-obl-picture/#ixzz1LOHGaLVQ

16. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Not even Leo can spin it...Why do liberals believe that if we treat these butchers with with a kinder and gentler approach they will give us what we want and do that in return? They never have and never will! They mock us when we show compassion...Don't they get it? If someone punches me in the face I will retaliate with equal to or greater force...I will not retaliate with kinds words toward my aggressor hoping they will not attack again...I will make sure they understand that there will be a negative consequence to their actions much greater...Another words you have to have a deterrent...These people have more rights in GITMO than in their own countries! Waterboarding is anything but torture...Bottom line...At no point during the use of this interrogation technique is the subjects life ever in jeopardy...Seems like it gets these cockroaches talking though...

May God bless our Military and Secret Service Agents and all that they do to keep us safe!!!

17. Stl Flyn

Still have not answered the question of why Bush did not use this information while he was in office of your country to get Bin Laden.

18. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Luckyman, I'm sure that if you asked John McCain he may beg to differ. Between you, me, and McCain I would take his word over either one of ours. He also said that people being interogated will say anything to get torture to stop. In essence you spend countless resources chasing down felonious leads. Harsh treatment has it's place. Heres the big question. If a U.S. service man was waterboarded for weeks and monthes, if you were face to face with the man would you tell him it's not torture. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

19. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

"It's a little difficult to say it was due just to one source of information that we got..." L. Panetta

I don't remember anyone claiming OBL's demise was the result of just ONE source. However, it's been reported virtually everywhere that OBL was found by tracking down his courier.

I remember several U.S. sources stating unequivocally that enhanced interrogation resulted in the U.S. obtaining the courier's nickname. The nickname was then corroborated by other terrorist turds under the persuasion of waterboarding, etc.

One source? Of course not. After leads about the courier's identity were discovered, I have no doubt many methods and sources were used to conclusively identify him, find him, and ultimately find OBL. That begs the question: Was it or was it not intel obtained thru enhanced interrogation that put us on the track leading to OBL?

Maybe we found OBL because a CIA interrogator said, "pretty please" when asking some terrorist turd about Bin Laden. I'm guessing not.

sissy

20. over/under

over/under Member

Why can't a lib say "some info gathered from waterboarding led to the killing of Binladen"? I believe it was a cumulation of a lot of intelligance that led to this. What is so bad about dunking a terrorist in the water a few times? When we invade a country, enter someones house and shootem dead. What am I missing. Last night on O'reilly Alan Colmes would not recognize this at all. Just saying how do you know he is dead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.