1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Engraved Grip Caps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by w g novak, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w g novak

w g novak TS Member

Does any one know if Bill Mains ( engraver ) is still around ? He used to always be at The Grand working out of his truck. Tried to go to his website yesterday to purchase a grip cap and the site was no longer in existence.

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Looks like there's a new site with a shortened name.

3. w g novak

w g novak TS Member

Tom, Thank you. Bill

4. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

Met him today (April 30, 2009)at the South River Gun Club in Conyers Georgia. Did some gold repair work for me. The guy is awesome!

Here he is fixing a small piece of gold inlay on the muzzle of my Perazzi TM1.

[​IMG]

5. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Bill Mains is the best of the best. Has done engraving for Presidents, movie stars, and kings around the world. A finer gentelmen you will never meet.
    I have spent hours watching the man do his craft-(ART) he is one of a dieing bread. If you go to the PA State shoot Bill is usually there. All his tools and machines are hand built by Bill. If all folks in any trade were as skillful as Bill you would not have to ask anyone where the best place is to have any kind of work done. Bernie K

6. justinb

justinb TS Member

I agree the guy is incredible he did grip caps for my wife and I last year. Mine is a silver canada goose with a gold cheek patch. You can see every feather. My favorite part of my gun.

7. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

You can see the nuts on the hunting dog!

8. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I had Bill do a grip cap for me at this years Southern Grand. He told me he will not go to the Grand in Sparta or any shoot in Illinois because of their gun laws.
    He works on a lot of projects while at shoots and a number of them are handguns.
    So if you want to get Bill to do some work for you he said he would be at the Ohio State Shoot.

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Bill was also at the Kolar Mid-America skeet shoot @ St Joe Trap & Skeet in Indiana last year. That shoot is coming up again in a few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
engraved grip cap

engraved grip caps