1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ English Walnut Eye Candy on Perazzi @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

One more time for the week. This is an English Walnut stock for our CPA who lives in California. He wanted it before the Spring Grand in Arizona and we got it finished just in time. It is a left handed stock and yes it does have an adjustable butt plate. He requires so much offset that this had to be done to achieve the fit that he needs. The toe out needs to be about an 1-1/4 and we just didn't have a piece of wood thick enough to get there without the help of the plate. Also the bolt hole thru the stock is the other problem that makes this difficult to obtain. Cindy designed another checkering pattern that is a first on this wood for the Perazzi. I hope that Tom will like what he sees. The wood was supplied by Mike Mann from White Creek Gun Stock Blanks. Thank you Mike and thanks to everyone that takes a look. Enjoy the photos.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Dennis, nice job blending in the grip extension in with the rest of butt stock. Overall very nice as usual. Rob

3. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

This is some serious craftsmanship! Artists of the highest level. Thank you Dennis and Cindy and all the rest who were in on producing this unique work of art.

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I'm not so crazy about the the layout, thinking the whole blank might have been brought down, creating a straight grain where it's inleted, and eliminating more of the lighter wood in the toe area that just doesn't seem to fit. The forend, though ...WOW! The arc on the bottom, curving around the keeper hardware and the twisted ribbon, is remarkable in it's execution. Also the way the ribbon splits over the top of the grip leaving the same plaque as the forend is wonderfully done.

thanks again for sharing, Dennis. best....mike

5. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Mike thank you for the feedback,

The problem with that blank was the size of the total stock and I did not have room to move it anywhere else. If you notice we had to add wood to the bottom of the blank to get enough wood for the grip. I don't know what will happen when all this good wood runs out as it is getting harder and harder to find big blanks to accommodate the high rib guns. Also finding a cutter that will cut larger blanks is getting harder to find as well. Thank you again and have a great afternoon.

Dennis

6. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Dennis, Thanks for doing such a beautiful job on this gun. I couldn't be more pleased. Please thank Cindy for her special checkering and the crew for producing this for me.
    I hope you will be just as happy with your taxes this year as I am with this new stock.
    Tom Lieb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.