1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

English Walnut at Discount (Patience is a virtue)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I wanted to let my fellow trapshooters to have the first opportunity to buy some English Walnut at a discounted price before the wood is gone. You will need to send me a $100.00 deposit to reserve your wood, first come first serve. Remember , patience is a virtue. I have planted a English Walnut tree on my back porch and it is now over 12 inches tall. From my inexperience as a horticulturist and arbor neophyte I am predicting this young tree will produce some exhibition grade stocks. This fall I will be moving this tree from the flower pot that he is sharing with 6 or 7 of his failed to grow siblings to a secret location in direct view of the sun and will be able to use available local water sources that are rich in minerals. I exhort you to send me your checks, cash, and money orders for your stocks. I would also urge you to live healthy because I do not plan on harvesting this tree for at least 100 to 150 years. Since I will have spent the money , you will have to discuss harvesting the tree with whoever owns the land when it matures. I want to thank you in advance for your vote of confidence and most of all , your money.

Charlie Becknell
    English Walnut Tree Grower Extraordinarie

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What a deal! Sign me up! I'll send you a Franklin as a deposit, as soon as it's printed in 2160.

3. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Do you accept Tree-Pal ?

4. Charlie Becknell

This not a scam. I have been watching the tree grow very carefully. It has 37 leaves and it , unlike some weaker varities, is growing vertically. Also, with the " Becknell tender loving care technique", I have not exposed this tree to the stresses of wind or noise pollution. I feel quite sure that this tree has never been urinated upon by any animal. Soon I will start talking to the tree so that it will feel loved. I will put in extra lines in the wood to increase the value and beauty.

Charlie Becknell

Ihopethey Bite Street

Lexington, Ky

PS Only money that I accept is green or coin.

5. Charlie Becknell

1 0z., I am glad that you are the first to commit to buying this potentially exhibition grade wood. I have to let you all in on a secret. This wood is being enhanced by a biochemical process. I taught it from the nut it was to the tree it is becoming , that if it wanted to grow bigger stronger, and faster than the other trees it must perfect photosynthesis. The leaves are green , therefore, I must conclude , it has "A" in Biochemistry.

Keep those cards and letters coming ( and send the MONEY).

Charlie

6. Charlie Becknell

Will do.

Folks, you better sign up quickly. Tree has 39 leaves and is growing with a single minded purpose , "To be your Gun stock".

The real question is do I give up my day job since I have a single tree coming up out of about 7?

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.