1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

English Classes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DecalDude, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Well I hate to gripe but I took it in high school for 4 years and to put it in perspective, I am 40yrs old and a natural citizen and mixed white ancestory ALL OF THEM had to learn English to survive. Why are we catering to immigrants of non english speaking countries? Did they happen to bring multi millions of dollars with them and if so why are they on our welfare system? I guess what needs to be done is when you fill out your welfare quiz or unemployment forms, you get tested LMAO cause the ones at the store ahead of me sure were eating good and love that food stamp card, but NO COMPRENDO when they over did the card limit LMAO.

Might be time to make America American again.

Jerry Lewis

2. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Gee Zar you really got your knickers in a knot. Remember when Sears was paying the employees who are deployed to the wars the difference in money when their military pay wasn't cutting it for their families? I never heard of that changing. I shop there when I need something they carry. Don't let a damned sign change your support of our troops even if it is indirect. Dan

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

The words "men" were in smaller print because it is assumed those of us who speak English already know what in the heck we are doing. The big print signs are for the semi literate and those who need extra help in navigating the full English world. I live in SoCal. If i quite doing business with those who put up such signs, I'd have to pretty much stay home and watch TV.....but only 5 or 6 channels. The others are in foreign languages. :)

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'm going to side with Zardo' and 'newbie on this one.

It is a choice for who a store is going to cater to. It's my choice as to where I'm going to spend my $$.

Make all immigrants learn the language and stop giving them handouts. There are a lot of hard working people that immigrated, legally, to this country that worked very hard to learn our language and history. They became citizens and enjoy all the rights associated with it.

There is a reason why we have borders. If they want to be here, it will be on our terms not theirs.

ss

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Not just stores... add me in too!

My local BP/Amoco has signage printed in spanish over the pumps... I had to ask the American clerk who was changing the trash liners "what is the prmotion they're offering?!" he couldn't read spanish either and didn't know what they said... I raised a polite stink - they were gone in a day... I'm sure I wasn't the only one offended...

My bank Harris NA - major national chain... had deposit/withdrawal slips printed in spanish with english sub-titling... raised a big stink about that in the main branch... hey MAYBE, we should be printing our money in spanish next?!

Sorry, not racist, but when my people came here like many, they raised themselves out of the shit... and without forgetting their heritage, they embraced an "American" way of living...

All this pandering... for folks who can't vote and don't vote in significant number to warrant this...

New law... everything has to be written in English (spanish sub-titling, if the business is so inclined). English (American English) is the language of this country... I'm surprised non-english promotion isn't considered some sort of deceptive business practice to the majority - english speaking "gringos"...

regards all,

Jay

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

You better add Chinese to the list. Most likely learning the Chinese language in schools will be mandatory for our grandchildren.

Mark

7. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I think America ought to have an official language and it ought to be English. I also think that we need to stop printing things in any language except English.

Now all of that being said, all of the illegals I know, and I know a bunch, are working their butts off as defacto slave laborers. The 13th amendment outlawed slavery but our system of illegal immigrant labor has brought it back unofficially (hence the term "defacto") My biggest gripe is that this system robs Americans of jobs, creates social burdens that the legal working class has to bear and it's just plain unjust. I don't want illegals nor do I want a marginalized and exploited underclass. Peasantry has no place in a free and democratic America.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

If they want to come to the USA to improve their life thats fine, do it legal. But learn our language and don't drag us down to the level of life you left.

9. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Keep America American times are changeing but may be time for a big tea party and you better order your cup in ENGLISH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.