1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

english chokes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by slowdp, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

A friend just got back from England and is trying to explain the English choke system. According to him the chokes are about 8 inches long, are very thin and press fit in the barrel. They use some type of tool that expands in the barrel to grip the choke and remove it. There are no threads on the choke. Does anyone have any info on these.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

But Pat, have you ever heard that Teague chokes are any longer than normal? I've got a set here - still not tested - and they are about like most others, not super long. Besides, Teagues are threaded.

I've never heard of anything like slowdp is describing.

Neil

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

CT shotgun uses friction chokes. Not to sure how there held in. Not many people over here care for them. Dave T.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Dave- Do you have any more information about the friction chokes used by CT? I could see why a friction choke would be long. Seems like it would require a very good barrel cleaning before changing choke tubes.

Pat Ireland

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Here's a link to Teague (one of two) and I don't see anything much unusual - except maybe the lnk to forcing-cone modifications which as about the most spectacularly misleading graphic of this type I've ever seen.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.