1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Engineer needed.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RobertT, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Need an Engineer capable of designing and building a trap machine capable of tossing politicians. Machine must be capable of attaining ATA standards and throwing doubles.

Robert

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

two hole or three?

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

...Do good work, and there's the possibility of a follow-on contract to design the gun.

4. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

There's a new company opening up next Nov. that will specialize in these machines.

6. AA27Rutger

AA27Rutger TS Member

I am a retired engineer with 37 years of experience. My initial testing of tossing politicians shows they are too thin skinned and spineless to withstand the forces of acceleration necessary to launch them. At 41 MPH they turn into a brown skid mark in the sky providing no clear aiming point. And then there is the lingering smell that will attract EPA clean air regulators.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I have a new design, but it does not use a throwing arm. It is a tube that launches them using the gas (hot air) that they produce themselves, sort of like a potato gun. It's very ecologically friendly. The targets are biodegradable and in sufficient supply. Unfortunately, the projectile rotation is about once in four or five years, but you can speed that up. The device that regulates that is called the election. Tests have shown that no additional rotation is effective in reducing the instability of the projectile. There are two chambers used to supply the main supply of projectiles, but there are many more to draw from and are strategically placed throughout the country. The target direction is controlled by the targets themselves, since they are a mixture of rights and lefts by design. Some more so than others, so a random mix is the usual effect. Unfortunately there are more lefts in the chambers at the moment, but those will eventually be cleared by the election module and a balance will be struck.

8. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Bet you can get some stimlus money for your project. I suggest contacting your nearest ACORN office.

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

There's a smaller unit in the works for Acorns as well. Runs about the same way, but can't seem to get it away from the hard lefts. :) Think a little more investigation would be in order.

With recent events, I don't require any more stimulus. I have been "stimulated" enough, thank you.

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Quack, great design concept however it seems partially flawed. Seems some targets are predisposed to spin so fast one never knows which side they are coming from. Also, perhaps you could incorporate a third mechanism for the more stable targets that only actuates when they begin to fail. We could call it the Constitutional Reclamation Platform. Now onto the development of a gun, perhaps one that uses the acorns for projectiles and renders them harmless after their wad has been launched?

Robert

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

RobertT

The spin comes later, after they launch. It usually happens if they get too close to the mics. Cameras set it off too. Add a talking head or two and you get the most spin.

ctreay

I'm right in the middle of punkin' chunkin' territory. Pumpkins are WAY more stable and take a much longer time before they become rotten.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

GKoogle Trebuchet.

HM

13. willing

willing Member

2 or 3 hole gives me an idea where to connect the throwing arm.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.