1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Energy use O/T

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capvan, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

I'm usually the first person to whine about O/T threads, so bear with me.

The massive mess now going on in the Gulf only highlights, again, the energy mess the US is in.

In addition to alternative energy sources, I believe that at least part of the answer is to USE LESS. I know, that's what everyone says. But how about if we just turned off the jillions (new number) of advertising signs between midnight and 6 am? The area I live in (rural Vermont) has a commercial strip (well, actually it's across the river in NH) that is just ablaze with light all night long! Why???

Turn it off!

Other than streetlights (and maybe traffic lights, but all they do is blink all night) I just don't understand the use of all this energy! Is someone going to make a purchase decision based on seeing a huge, lit, sign at 2 am?? Maybe we should just say you can only have advertising lights on if you are OPEN? Closed, dark.

Ok, now I'm starting to rant, but thanks for reading....

Bruce
    KB1IIX@arrl.net

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Oregon passed a law in the 1970's "energy crisis" requiring commercial outdoor lights to be turned off at night when the establishment was not open. I don't recall if that included security lights. Car dealerships were the main offenders, floodlighting their lots at night. It was later rescinded after the "crisis" was over.

3. turbobike

turbobike Member

How about making lawn mowing a option. Most towns require you to mow your lawn...leave it o'natural.

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

How about letting individuals do as they choose?

5. turbobike

turbobike Member

"How about letting individuals do as they choose?" Thats BLASPHAMY! Obviously you are not an Obama supporter. We will be watching you.....

6. maka

maka Member

In Wisconsin the WPS a major energy supplier is always patitioning the sate PSC for rate increases. Either people are not using enough or the seem to have higher fuel cost. I agree turn those neon light off after midnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.