1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

End of TS.Com, Who would it hurt most?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Onceabum, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

If the TS.Com website was suddenly dropped, never to return, how would we take the news? I’m sure all would be disappointed to some degree, however, the site is like oxygen to some posters. So, who would be your pick to suffer most if the demise of this site should ever occur?

How about Senior Smoke. He seems to have a real need for TS.Com. Can you think of anyone who might just “Die of Shock” in such a situation?

On the other hand, if the site went down, there are those who might just say, “Well, at least we don’t have to listen to DELETED (BE CAREFUL BOOGER) anymore.”

BB

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'd miss it....I ignore the bad for the most part, kind of enjoy the back and forth bitchiness of some of the spats that arise and really enjoy reading about guns and shooting related threads and pics of great gunwood...JM$.02 worth....

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

BB:
    please don't say that. what would i do at work during the day between customers than? I boss thinks i am on this site more than on the computer site at work.
    steve

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

This is one of the most valuable and enjoyable sites I visit and I brag about how even the most bullheaded among us (and I include myself in that group) can disagree vehemently but still get along. Other such sites to which I belong that cater to sprint car racing, for example, have posters on time-outs or banned and threads locked all the time.

A person can ask for help with about anything life throws at them and someone will come to their rescue.

Ed

5. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Q. Who would it hurt the most?....After a lot of thought and being careful to take everything into consideration, while being honest and credible to myself and others....there was only one true answer.

A. My wife.....I would need something to do (inside) and if T.S.Com were to go down, it would free a lot of time and I would more than likely spend it by pestering her as much as I possibly could. The insults and name calling would be a lot more personal from her than from a screen name on here. It might even make me feel good, also!

Vern

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

All of us...

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

We couldn't stand it...we would have to recreate TS to rise from the ashes

8. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I agree, BB. But there are plenty of others whose head would explode from lack of attention as well.

EE

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

It would mostly affect the various grades of beginners who are lucky enough to ask for answers without having to suffer through the years of learning curves as we all did "BTS.C" (Before TS.Com).....Bob Dodd

PS: Second most affected - maybe shud be first - all the wonderful friendships made all over the nation and in many other countries around this globe.

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

AveragEd

"This is one of the most valuable and enjoyable sites I visit and I brag about how even the most bullheaded among us (and I include myself in that group) can disagree vehemently but still get along."

Well Ed that would make you incorrect at least in part. As BB has so boldly proved that the space between his ears is just that space. He fails to realize that in my case at least, I got along quite well before I ever came to this site. If it/I were gone tomorrow I would also continue to get along quite well. Not quite what he is preaching. His statement would seem to prove that there is more air in his head than Grey matter.

“Well, at least we don’t have to listen to Bob Lawless anymore.”

As none of you are listening to me now, I don't know about you but I have yet to get sound from the written word. He is certainly not obligated to read anything I write as is no one else. Yet they all seem to do so. Kind of makes you wonder what he is trying to make his pea brain accomplish. Of course he didn't make that statement with out the hope that he could get a pissing contest started. Ya we can all get along. RIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

11. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i wud get to know my wife better!!! gees- i hope it wudnt be gone very long!!!and i'd actually watch tv!!

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

BB, do you think we'll hear from Bob Lawless on this thread? LOL. The other BB (barrelbulge).

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Air is air no matter what the name.....LOL

Bob Lawless

14. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I wonder if we'll hear from Gene on this thread?

15. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Barrelbulge. . .Was there ever any doubt?

BB

16. EE

EE Banned User Banned

clayshooting.com sucked. And it's gone. 'Nuff said.

EE

17. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Gosh I would be so board I would have to find a p--n site or something I spend hours a day here reading.

Jerry

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Barrel Bulge would hyrst but it is Kitty that would suffer the most for withdrawl! She'd have to deal with Tron all day everyday!

19. setter

setter Member

Sobie Boy!

20. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I don't have a clue where I'd go or do. I guess I'd hope that Bulger open'd a comedy strip or Tron started one on politics. I know that I can never reach the level of intelligence to understand some of Pat's message's, I've forgoten the term he used to explain his multi-faceted statements, but I always look forward to Neil's theory/opinion's on any matter. LOL. I have met and made a few friends and spent a little more than probably should have. All good people.

Shoot often while we can, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.