1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

End of Season

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blueraven81, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Well everyone, the Nebraska High School Trap season is over and I can now slow down the MEC and not worry about lead prices.

Anyway, I have around 2000 rounds loaded for my Boys to shoot whenever they want to go out and shoot.

Thanks to all you TS.commers for all the advice this season.

I'll check in from time to time to see how you are doing and I'll be a regular again come fall.

Thanks,
    Craig (Blueraven)

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Craig--- why is it over now? We shoot all year long. No Nationals?

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Matt

They have an actual High School conference in Nebraska for trap shooting, with a "season," much like football season or basketball season.

The season is culminated by the Nebraska State High School Trap Shoot in Doniphan, NE every year (same place they host the Nebraska State ATA shoot.)

So from the standpoint of Nebraska State high school team competitions, they're "done for the season."

I suspect many of the kids are also on AIM or SCTP teams, so from that standpoint, some of them will still be shooting.

4. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

My Boys do continue shooting at the local range, they just don't compete. Let's face it guys, with all the things kids have to do these days and I might add the expenses that go along with it; their time and my money is limited.

I figure this year's 7 week High School Trap season cost me for two shooters over $1600 and that's just fees and shells. This does include pre-season practice.

Add the money I spent at this year's "Cornhusker" Trap Shoot and this year's season was easily a $2000 season.

I don't mind spending the money because I believe in the sport, what it teaches and my Boys enjoy it, but let's face it the economy is a little rough and limits have to be made.

In about in 6 weeks or so summer football camps start-up and even though the expense is not as much as Trap, time and money goes out once again.

Also, no matter what it is, too much of anything especially for kids tends to take away some of the "specialness" of it and by the fall practice session my Boys are ready to go blow holes in the sky once again.:)

Craig

5. grntitan

That sounds like a good way to do it. The conference that is. For the most part, almost all of the surrounding schools here have a Trap team. That would be a chore though to get it set-up here that way. Our school is not real big and for the most part our Baseball, Softball, Track etc. athletes also shoot. Its tough to get everybody together at once the way it is. We do break for the winter and it seems when Spring hits they are fired up and ready to go. Thanks for explaining. I didn't know there were schools that had that sort of setup. Sounds like your schools support the Trap team more than our does. Maybe we will see some of your kids at the SCTP or AIM Nationals. Good luck next season too.---Matt

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Matt,

Nebraska has an awesome state-wide trap program.

I think they get a bigger turnout (number of shooters) at the State high school shoot than they get at the Nebraska State ATA shoot.

7. grntitan

timb---Sounds like a great recruiting grounds for young shooters. The more young people we get introduced to our sport the better. Sounds like a very impressive system they have going. I'm sure they get alot of support from both the school and State and that really helps. Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.