1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

End of Korean War

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Just a Pentagon update, nothing more.

We all salute those who served...

2. William681

William681 Member

Served at PanMunJom 16 months 1970-71.

Cease fire was exactly that, war is not over.

Incidents continue to this day.

I was personally involved in two.

South Korea is prepared at a moments notice to defend itself should large scale hostilities re-erupt.

Revisited the country and PanMunJom in 2010, tensions are as fragile now as in the 70's.

However, the average Korean citizen you meet and speak to on the street, (yes I can still poorly speak Korean allthough most Koreans jump at chance to practice their English), are greatfull for the opportunity America has given them to become a world power.

As in America "liberal" college students and cluless youth believe in reunification.

They feel joining with the North would make one great country, as the South has become, of course the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea does not see it that way. The South would submit to the world as they see it, aka one glorious leader.

3. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

My long deceased brother in law "1982'was at Pork Chop Hill and more than a few other places.. Trip flares in drums of napalm, trying to change barrels on his machine gun while every one else in the bunker was throwing grenades as fast as they could and the others firing their M1's just as fast as they could. He was in several meat grinders. McArthur had the right idea. F$$K Harry S. Truman and the horse he rode in on!!!!ATOMIC BOMB their yellow asses and the Russians be damned. Would not the world be a glorious place by now. I myself would not have had to spend a worthless year in Vietnam!!!! Ask me how I really feel sometime!!!! I had a dear friend now deceased that served in Korea shortly after the armistice was signed. He worked on the railroad. Their hootch girl was Korean but born in Japan. Her family had a dry cleaning business in Japan way before WWII. Well, after we gave Korea independence and kicked the Japs out. The Japs said all the Koreans in Japan had to go back to Korea. He told me that most every night she cried herself to sleep listening to Jap radio and longing for the country were she was born. Nice guys those Japs EH??? I too salute everyone that ever served in Korea. Bill

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My dad was in the Korean War from 1950 to early 1952.

5. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill,
    I salute your brother-in-law and all who have served. Am curious, considering the time frame, what machine gun he was using that lent its barrel to be changed quickly, like in the heat of combat (especially hand-grenade throwing distance combat). Thought the Brownings, either air or water-cooled, did not have that capability. Unaware if the US Army ever used German MG34/42s or similarly designed weapons until the M60. Chichay

6. Goliad

Goliad TS Member

Lost a good friend 5 years ago who was a combat wounded Korean war vet. R.I.P. Jim, and thanks to every one of you.

7. SBray

SBray Active Member

As a former Marine, I have watched several times documentaries on the Korean war and I am amazed at the determination and courage those servicemen had in such harsh and deadly conditions! They really suffered in that weather against such odds the North Koreans and Chinese threw against them.

Our nation is forever grateful for all of their sacrifices.

God Bless them and their families,

Steve

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Was stationed with the 2nd Division for 8 months in the DMZ 1968. We lost about 6 Americans to incidents while I was there. I picked up an Agent Orange condition either in Nam or while patrolling the Korean DMZ at that time. The war is still going on today. God Bless all our troops and especially those who have served in the "Forgotten War".

blade819

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Chichay, the Browning M2 50 cal. air cooled, yes it's barrel could be changed, rather quickly. J.W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.