1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DecalDude, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Jamestown New York Area
    I was keeping score for the local High school team and adults. We had a mixed squad of 1 senior vet 3 High school kids(1 being female) and her lil brother who was bout 8yrs old. I had my share of saying lost but when the lil guy broke his very first bird the smile he had was priceless! and further more the old timers smile was just as big as he looked at the lil fella.

When they walked off the lil guy broke 6 total and the old timer was the first to pat him on the back and smile at him. That must have felt so good to him and I know I will see him next week.

If we tell them they HAVE to have a trap gun or this or that will they keep comeing? As long as they follow the safety and etiquet let em shoot and learn there is safe fun to be had. And a smile and compliment goes a long way when they are down on a bad score.

Jerry Lewis
  2. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Oct 25, 2009
    A few months ago on a Wednesday night, there was a 12 year old on what was going to be my last practise round before shooting the Annies at our club. He and his Dad reminded me of my introduction to the sport so many years ago. He shot very well for his age and when we completed the round I complimented him and encouraged him to keep up the good work. We chatted all the way back to the club house and he was all smiles. I racked my gun and while the crew set up for the games, that kid walked up to me looked up and said, "hey, Mister...can I shoot with you again". That meant more to me than a sixth shot break and any pot I may have won...I was honored...and yes we shot again.

Smok'n Joe