1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Empty hulls at Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by darkside, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkside

darkside Member

Does anybody know if they are selling the empty hulls at the Grand like they use to do?

Thanks Curt

2. tgb18

tgb18 Member

I was there Thurs. and the older gentleman that was selling hulls from the Army tent the last few years, on the west end of the trap line, is no longer there.

All the empty hulls were being loaded into a trailer and hauled off the grounds.

Terry

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My son works for IDNR and said the trailer belongs to Dawsons and they are buying the hulls from the IDNR. Not sure what's up with that and he wasn't either. I had planned on stocking up myself. My son said they were instructed that if they(the IDNR) employees were caught stealing them, they were fired.

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

That older gentlemen that sold hulls is repeteclay, a regular on this site.

He graciously has donated his time in past years.

You know the old saying....money talks BS walks.

Regards....Gerald

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

There used to be a guy that sold sorted ones out of his wagon down east of the shower building. Good luck.

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Carry around a sign, or put one up near your car or campsite, "Empty hulls wanted"

You can also list the brand you want and price your willing to pay.

7. dougp

dougp TS Member

what is the going rate to buy hulls at Grand

8. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I will have 400 Winchester AA Super Handicap for sale @ .05 each.
    Don

9. grntitan

Don--Weather has been great compared to the last month or so. See you Sunday afternoon or Monday. Have a safe trip down.

10. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Good luck selling hulls. I shot sts and nitros and had hard time giving them away, except for the Federal Papers. Allen

11. tgb18

tgb18 Member

Allen, How much for the STS/Nitros ?

Terry

12. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Peter J, are you going to attend the Grand at all this year? I have been searching the grounds looking for "Hotel Ohio". It is a real shame that the powers to be had no idea what a service you were doing for the ATA. Folks, I could write for hours about the great support this senior vet has given to the ATA for many years. When he was just a young boy, he would ride his bicycle to Vandalia just to see the shooters and would work at the Grand. He was still working for nothing just to support the ATA. What a shame!!

13. grntitan

BIG PAPA--I agree 100%. i met him last year when i bought some hulls. What a great guy. One of the nicest guys i have ever met. He told me some great stories as we talked. It truely is a shame the ATA didn't specifically make a spot for him and his good deed. He sat out there on that hot asphalt parking lot selling the hulls and i never once heard him complain. Did i mention the breakfast he cooked? OMG right out by his tent he cooked breakfast for the shooters. I 2nd "What a shame"!!!!!

14. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Peter J, I hope to see you here. Try to keep cool. I agree with the breakfast. That has been one of his "traditions" for many years. It will be missed this year. Some folks talk about the good ole days. Well Peter J is what the ATA was all about years ago. Friends and fellowship. Peter J could tell you about some great cook outs with that fresh flown in halibut from Alaska, corn on the cob, fresh sliced tomatoes. Those were the days.

15. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I'm going to have some once fired AA 12ga. hulls for sale in a day or two.
    Boxing them up now in clay bird boxes, 500 to a box. Plan on selling for $25.00 each box & that will include shipping & everything.
    Should have some STS/NITROS too. Colonel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.