1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

empty camper spots @ grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Butler, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butler

Butler TS Member

I am camped in the south loop # 1795 between my trailer spot and the turn off there are 9 unused and unoccupied spots, and 4 more that people have occupied and left, I thought that everything here was spoken for??

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Not with HIGH prices.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote>"...I thought that everything here was spoken for??"</blockquote>"Spoken for" doesn't have to mean "occupied". If I have an RV spot and either decide to not attend or decide to attend only the last few days AND I choose not to sublet the spot, it stays vacant but it's still spoken for.

MK

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There was a shooter who said he got a room at the new Holiday Inn downtown, wonder whats with that ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. dshot

dshot Member

about $189.00 a night

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

7. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I have camped here every year and it is as full as I have seen it. That said, there are open spots in electric only. The spot just south of me has not had anyone in it so far. It looks like almost all the full hook-up spots are full. I would guess that it is possible that those that are empty in electric only were left when the owner was able to upgrade into the full-hook-up area.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Unknown1" has it right. If a camping spot owner indicates they are coming as required and then does not show or leaves early for whatever reasons, then you have a vacant spot. The ATA can't re-lease it if its technically already leased. I feel you want to make an issue where there isn't one.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

$189.00 a night, So what its the Grand ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

WPT. I got a room at the Holiday Inn Express at the last minute. (Sat)

The person on the front desk said always call again as cancellations are random and rooms open up frequently.

You can book for next year if you like starting in Sept.

Regards....Gerald

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gerald,

Good going, makes sure you let them know about next year ... How's the view ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I'm on the south loop and I don't find 9 empty spots. The spot across the road is empty but was occupied earlier.

Don

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"How's the view ..? "

Bill--You would absolutely love the view. It faces the Sparta Super Wal Mart and the old Wal Mart bulding converted to a mini mall is on the other side. What could be better than that?? LOL

14. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Who the hell cares about the view??

All I need is a clean quiet nights sleep. I got exactly that.

You can look out the front doors and see Great Clips if you like.

Got a great haircut for 7.99 and the chick that cut it was talking about riding a mechanical bull somewhere the night before.

They would have given some money if she wore a string bikini but she opted for the waving of the cover charge by just riding it.

Got my attention.

Regards....Gerald

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If there is such a thing as reincarnation thats what I want to be, a Mechanical Bull and have girls jumping all over and on me in string bikini's ... They can give me the nick name, "Tiger Woods" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.