1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

employee pricing!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sammyd95, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

I am glad to see that GM,Ford,and Chrystler has employee pricing,and that now I can go buy an auto on my $12.00/hr at the same price the auto workers making$71.00/hr are making,,,oh yea and I pay my own Insurance out of that $12.00/hr.and 10% goes to my pension.

2. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Sammyd95,I think you are trolling.If not,I would be looking for a better job.
    After deductions,look's like you are down to about $6.00 per hour.

Sure not going to shoot much trap on that.

Bo

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Employee pricing looks good at first glance but if you are trading, your tradin is now priced at what it should have been minus the employee discount. Check your bluebook or Edmunds or Carfax.com price and see what it is worth, then try to trade. The only time the employee price works any better is if you are buying outright.

Yes, there will be exceptions, but they will be few and far between.

4. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Bocephus is right. You should have been looking for a better job when you found that one! Don't ever stop looking and applying till you feel you are doing OK. I have a fairly sharp neighbor who has had a crap job for 25 yrs because he is too lazy to keep looking!

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The problem is like SavageStan says, they chop you up on your trade in ... We were going to buy a Chevy and trade my wifes Hyundai XG 350L in but after they added up all of the charges like a safety inspection (which is not a law in Arizona) and paint chips and a minor dent in the door on a car that had 87,000 miles on it I would of had to pay them to take it off of our hands, though it still booked for $5,700 ... I got into a brief conversation with the sales manager and told him in plain and simple english and no abreviations what he could do with his new Chevy ... We then drove over to the Hyundai dealer and within 30 minutes found, bought, and paid for her new car (Hyundai Azera Limited) that she picked up the following day ... The Chevy dealer is still calling on the phone and wants to know what they have to do to make the deal ... The Misc charges (Invoice) on the Chevy which is dealer profit was over $1500.00 and the guy said that was not true but I called my brother who works for Chevrolet on my cell phone from right in the showroom and confirmed it ... I hope the big 3 go belly up and stay that way but they won't ... The best thing that could come out of it would be new management and the dealers fire ALL of the sales help they have and start over with people who don't know how to screw people out of their money with a smile on their faces ... I will drive what I like best and get the best deals on if it made in America or anyplace else but it probably will not be one of the Big 3 auto makers any more, I have had it with them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buying a new car from the big 3 is like buying drugs on the street corner. They are both huslers. I wouldn't trust anything the dealers or companies say. They are there to seperate you from you're money. Read the find print or carefully worded disclaimers on the advertisements, and buyer beware..............

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Anyone looking to buy a new vehicle can spend $14 bucks* with Consumer Reports and get an extremely detailed buyer's information report. Reports are brand and model specific and list the dealer cost for the base unit and mark ups on options and option packages. They include pages and pages of shopping pointers and other valuable information.

Anyone tying to buy a vehicle without this data puts themselves at a considerable and unnecessary disadvantage.

sissy

* If your heart is set on a Ford F-150, for $14 bucks you get data that allows you to shop at two or three Ford dealers and compare prices on a unit with the specific options you want.

If you're condsidering two different brands of vehicle, for $26 bucks you can get the best deal between two competing brands.

8. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Bo,,I am a firefighter/paramedic,and yes that it !Thats pretty much the way most of us live,and I dont shoot much anymore.or buy new cars.and the short of it not much hiring going on here in great Ohio !...and PAT,,knowing that You are happy knowing that I am happy makes me happy also !

9. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

F_O_R_D, the only one not needing a loan to get through the holidays.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

watch it Gary, I have two Fords. You owe me a Bud now

11. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

With employee pricing they are still making a profit. Just think how much profit they made for years without employee pricing and the hooks they sunk into the unsuspecting. Let'em sink. From the Gen. Mgrs. to the salespeople - "Snakes in a suit." Techs have traditionally been upfront folks - unless you have a Svc. Mgr. who worked on commission. We do not buy new vehicles. I would rather throw my money at something that will last instead of driving a depreciation barge off the lot, giving the State and County lots of money to register, big sales tax, huge insurance premium, big payment, ..... Besides, I like to spend time in the shop working on junk!!!

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

sammy....you are BAAAACK.....don't worry about vehicles, after January 20th your man will take power and you will get FREE MONEY (other people's money) for every humanly need .......

Free cars; free housing; free medical care; free college; no wars; heightened sensitivity regarding "alternative lifestyles" and "global warming" ; gun control; emboldened terrorists (it may be a good idea to move away from large cities in the next few years)....

Your Left Wing San Franciscan Utopia is coming.....Rejoice!

13. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Sammyd95,To me that is not a livable wage this day and age.

There are a lot of people on here that cuss the union for making a livable wage.

Some have forgot their roots.They now have it and don't want anyone else to .

I think it's called Me,Me,and the hell with everyone else.

This will change in the next year to 18 months.

The Morals of this country have went to #ell.

I think everyone should have the right to make a decent living,send their kids to a good college,and retire comfortable.

But,then again if you look around there are people quite content sleeping in their car or on the street.That's why we have food shelters back here.

Some people just need a helping hand.Maybe it's because of booze,drugs,failed marriage,no education,or just plain gave up.

$12.00 per hour is about the norm for wages back here,unless you have a skill.

Trade,Medical Etc.I have a firefighter/paramedic friend just as you that hunts with me that makes over $60,000 per year.He has been on the force for 26 years.

For a person as yourself that puts their life on the line to save another,you are way under paid.I would like to give THANK's to people like you for your service.Hell fire I get to Ohio once in awhile and you could be the one beating on my chest.

Bocephas

14. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Now do you think that another Car Manuf. ( Jap or whoever ) is going to give you more for a trade in on your Vehicle than one of the Big 3 Dealers -- I don't think so -- seems like they all run their Trade-in's through the same Wholesale Lots -- they are all asking about the same money for their cars when you compare them to each other -- none of them are doing the buyers any favors

15. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Bangalore,dont know where U are comming from ,but my man ???,,dont remember voting nobama myself,,maybe you should check you own balott...and dont be placing your liberalist ideas in my thread!

16. shadow

shadow Active Member

F_O_R_D_ = First On Race Day. We have 2 of their products and couldnt be happier with the vehicles or the dealer. 1st class all the way.

17. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !

18. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Hey Bo, You earned everything you got, Sam95 should organize a union and worry more of what the ruling class is doing to the american way of life than of what other working people are maiking. You would think the Japs won WW2 as these greasy palm neo-con politians say hard working americans have to take or incomes reduced to the Japs desire. Clinton also sold out the people. After losing N.H. to Paul Songas in the 1992 primary and his campain broke, he came out for NAFTA and boy did the funds start rolling in from U.S. corps. and then later the China free trade "screw the public swindle". And then there was Ronnie, the Messiah to the power mongers who said working class is greedy and the Wealthy deserve all they can amass exploiting labor, cheating, move off shore, and for a global economy...Mike

19. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

WPT wow tell us how you really think. Sammy I know you said what you make an hour and I find that is just not right for a firefighter/paramedic to make just that small wage. Now then I left a job in Jan.1976 making $5.76 an hour and went to one about same wages. I finally landed at a place called Plaskon in July of that year making about $15.00 as a machinist on third shift with 25 cents shift premium. I worked at my former job for a few months for $15.00 an hour with no benefits as I had them from Plaskon. Yes I got a hell of a raise at the former place because I did not need benefits ansd only worked about four hours a day there. I think the production workers were making about twelve breathing in all sorts of formaldahyde fumes, wood pulp dust, malaic acid and God knows what ever else. Oh yes silica dust! I was laid off in 1980 and survived on the unemployment and doing apartment maintenance for cash money until I landed a tool maker job at Jeep as they were ramping up to build the Cherokee. I think I started out at about $15.00 an hour in April 1982. You must be a firefighter in some one horse town to only make that wage. You are grossly underpaid for your job. Jeez oh petes go get your LPA liscense and then hire on somewhere and they will pay you to get your RN. Just a thought. Bill

20. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well, as one of the snakes in a suit, I have to make a comment or two here. Firstly, the sales people do make the prices, management does. Yes, there are some bs charges in new. Paint package is the first one that comes to mind. As for the trade in situation, you will AWAYS be better off selling your trade in. However, being as abut 97% of the car owners owe more than what their trade in is worth, you generally can't sell it on your own and have to trade it in and roll the negative equity over into the new one. Then we have the little matter of financing. Most on here probably have really good credit, out there in the real word though, you wouldn't believe the terrible credit I see day in and day out, nowadays, we salesmen get excited if we pull credit and it just starts with a 6. All large dealers use Manehiem auction site for their appraisals, it is up to the customer to negotiate the price of their deal. We will generally show you acv first then take from the profit as much as possible to add to the trade to get the deal, we can't change your payoff though. I used to think that all car salesmen were liars and snakes, but after ding it fro a year and a half myself, I now know that the only people that lie more than the stereotypical salesmen are their customers. Not all by any means but you would be amazed at what we hear. Where I work at, we can't lie because we have to do customer follow up constantly so it had better be as it is supposed to be. There are still some pretty worthless salesmen but there are also some really honest ones that will tell it like it is, maybe that's why I don't make as much money. LOL. Dealers will actually take a little loss sometimes, the very best time to buy is just before closing on a Saturday night, better yet on the last Saturday of the quarter. They will usually do whatever they can to get a deal. It is not the salesmen that make a lot the money on deals, the owners make pure profit from their pac and doc fees, pure profit that the salesman gets exactly zero of. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me and I will tell you how to get the best deal possible, keep saying no till they let you leave, then offer a little more to get the best price possible Take care, John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.