1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Empire Grand notes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by IFLINCH, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IFLINCH

IFLINCH TS Member

1st, many thanks to Doug Duncan & the entire NY State management & staff for putting on an excellant shoot.

2nd, it was great to see the shooters from the western states come this far east. Not only did they show up, but they pretty much destroyed the old myth that western shooters can't handle eastern targets! I had the pleasure of chatting briefly with Ray Stafford & he is truly a great ambassidor for our sport.

3rd, many thanks to Derek Stringer for putting up with me each & every day for what seemed like endless questions about the Blaser. Not only was he extrememly helpful, but very tolerant too! Thanks Derek.......by the way, he shot pretty darn good also! If the gun shoots as well as you represent it, I should enjoy it!

4th, forgive any spelling errors....PLEASE!

Bob Griffith

2. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I'll second that. The score keepers were a fine group this year thanks to the staff. Anyone that has ever worked a registered shoot at their local club knows the headaches that go with it, Brian and the rest of the crew did a great job.

Thanks also to the guys and girls at Bridgeport, paving out front of the club and a new pole barn, the grounds at both clubs looked great. Shoot offs were held quickly after the shooting day and the targets were great. Bernie K

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I will second the thanks to the people who reported the scores to TS.COM so fast.

With so many friends up there shooting, we enjoyed seeing their scores almost as fast as they shot them.

Dave & Judy in SC

4. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

As I said after last year NY State, Doug and the gang did a bang-up job. Glad to see it's continuing. Now if we could just get them to use the big board for what squads are up........................
    How was the weather by the way.
    Shoot Safe.

Ron

5. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

Sorry we couldn't make the Empire Grand this year, but we will be there for the NY State & the Eastern Zone. I agree that the new posting of scores is a great way to see how everybody has done.

We also want to send congrats to one from our squad that had a great shoot at the Empire. Kie Kababik won all 3 Championship events for the Sub jrs. You're having a great start for this year so keep up the good shooting and we will see you at the Delaware State Shoot.

Bob Malmstedt & Kate Schmidt

6. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Saturday was sunshine and 85 with a bit of a breeze and Sunday was overcast and 65. Our squad only had a minor difficulty with a score keeper was her second day( but wow they partied all night). It was a very nice weekend and as always seeing our friends and meeting new ones like Dave Schaffer was nice.
    All went well over all, waiting for the state shoot.

Jerry

7. kie95

kie95 Member

As I have been saying every time I go to NY We have a great time and get treated great from everyone. Thank You NY group. Thanks Bob & Kate, Kie would have liked to win the over all Singles event champ but he held his own in the shoot off and Dave Kelly won, not a bad bunch to be shooting off against. Congrats to Dave Kelly.

8. 25 nout

25 nout TS Member

It was great to see the scores posted from each event on trapshooters.com. Easy to use, easy to view, excellent idea!!!

9. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Larry Grenavicki, the shioot cashier, was the one responsible for getting the scores posted so quickly on TS via an air card on a computer. David set up a password to give Larry access to our site and scores were posted on TS within 15 minutes of the final shot of an event. This service will also be used at other shoots that he cashiers in the future. Great work Larry!

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.