1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Empire Grand day 1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob Griffith, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Day 1 is now history & as usual, NYSATA has put on a great day of shooting. Targets were very nice. We did have some rain, but overall it was very pleasant. You can see by the scores that people were shooting well. Highs were 100s in the 16s, 97 in caps, and 99s in doubles.

In spite of "King Cuomo's" efforts to punish lawful gun owners, a good time was had by all.

I would encourage any/all shooters to come and compete in the remaing events!

Good luck to ALL OF YOU!

2. windyflat

windyflat Member

Good shooting today Bob..
    I took the week off to shoot but losing 50lbs has raised holy hell with my gun fit so I'm healing up for a few days.
    Hope to see you guys saturday for the 200 singles.

Tom

3. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Thanks Tom, but I didn't shoot all that great. The good news is I knew exactly what I did wrong with every miss. Now all I have to do is fix it! Easier said than done. I understand the weight loss thing. Took me a few years after I dumped 45lbs. to get back to near normal. Stop over to the RV Saturday & put your feet up! Having a great time in spite of average scores.

4. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Day 2 is history & once again, scores were great. 100s in the 16s, 98 in caps and 99s in doubles. The best part was the rain had held off & it has been a very pleasant day to shoot. FYI - to all of you who might but concerned, the State Association does have a shell house that is well stocked with all the popular brands of shells. I don't know if there are any limits on quantity, but they do have more than enough for the shoot. Remember, the background check does NOT go into effect until 2014.

Just a side note, I am not an official of the NYSATA or am in no way speaking for them. I am just another NY shooter who wants to see things proceed as smoothly as possible. If you have specific questions, please direct them to our state officials.

Please come & enjoy the facility & the great targets.

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

How was turn out compared to last year?

6. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I don't have those numbers now, but I will ask to see if we are up or down. Seemed to be a pretty good crowd yesterday.

7. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Rich219.....I just checked on attendance, and as of the end of yesterday's events, attendence was down less than 1% from last year. So basically it is about the same. Time will tell today as we have had a good rain pass through. It appears to be a narrow band so they have delayed the start. Overall for the day doesn't look bad.

Look at the scorse that have been shot & that will tell you how the targets have been. Been a very well run shoot & the weather has been more co-operative than the forecasts had called for!

The bad news is it ends tomorrow & I have to go home & back to work! :(

8. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

The weather was cool & breezy but no rain once the event started. 3 - 200s, a pile of 199s & so on down the line. Another great day in CNY. Great job done by Jim Davis & all the rest of the management hosting the shoot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.