1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Emmet County Izaak Walton Shoot IOWA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RickA, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickA

RickA Member

[​IMG]

The emmet county Izaak Walton league will be having an end of summer trap shoot in Estherville Iowa Saturday Sept 5th, 2009. We aren't fancy but we do have fun. We will be shooting for buckles awarded for high 16yd, high handicap, and high overall. Practice is at 11:00 with shooting to start at 12:00
    Stop out and have some fun.
    Rick

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

3. RickA

RickA Member

4. grunt

Up for the iowa boys...

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

the first trophy i ever won , was in estherville- 1972- late winter shoot , snow on the ground ,a bluebird day- i shot a 24 out 25 with a brand new 870. thanks for the memories - wish i lived closer now- wally riebesell calumet ia. now rock port mo. hey- those meat & grociery shoots in sutherland were fun too!!!!

6. rustygun

rustygun Member

I used to shoot a summer league there in the 70's with a group from north Kossuth gun club. John Kelly, Steve Corderman, Bill Hampton,Harold Swanson.
    Steve Hansen, Amarillo, Tx.

7. RickA

RickA Member

Steve,
    Wow, I haven't heard those names for quite a while. I'm one of the youngsters of the group nowdays hell. I'm not even sure if all are still alive. We still talk about the "good old days at the club" and here names like Corderman, Kelly, Bill Wilson. Did you know of a guy from over Swea city area named Hans Hansen. A lot of of this info literally is second hand because I was just a kid back then and hadn't even moved to the area yet.

If you have any stories I'd love to here them
    Rick

8. grunt

9. RickA

RickA Member

bump 1 last time

10. rustygun

rustygun Member

Rick,
    I'm sorry I missed your post, as far as I know, all those guys are still around. John Kelly is a family/ personal friend who got me started shooting. I believe he still shoots a few rounds of sporting clays with his sons. He celebrated his 80th last year. I don't know about the others. Some of the guys I remember from Esterville were, Bob Brunskill, (I believe he passed away) Russ Hect (sp) I bought an 1100, (that I still own ) from Bob? Wilson. There were many more, lots of fun but I can't remember the names without the faces anymore.
    It was a fun league to shoot.

Steve

11. RickA

RickA Member

By the way we will be serving lunch that day for those inclined to eat.
    BBQ pulled pork sandwiches potato chips and water or pop.

Steve, Yes Bob (Brunskill and Wilson) are both dead sadly to say. I got my first key to the club from Bob Wilson. His wife is still alive and attends the league banquet every year. I know of Russ Hecht but never met him. Norma Brunskill is still around, from what I hear she was one helluva shooter herself. Unfortunately the number of shooters has diminished steadily over the years but we are holding steady at around 30. We added a Pat trap and Outers trap several years ago and now have the CVR's so things have changed a bit from your time. It's one of the few places I can shoot because we throw white targets. I'm color blind as hell and don't see orange targets on a green background very well.
    If your ever going to be in the area look me up I'd love to have coffee and chat. We've had some pretty good shooters over the years and lots of fun from what little i know.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
emmet county izaak walton league
isaac walton trap shoot in osceola

izaak walton league estherville iowa