1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EmeryCat UPDATE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

We finally got our EmeryCat in the mail today and so far it's been pretty interesting.

First, Kitty had to spend about 1/2 hour inspecting the box. I don't know what it is about boxes, but he can't resist them.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2940.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Next, he gave the unit a very thorough inspection. This took about 20 minutes.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2935.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Next, the toy that's mounted to the side of the box had to be checked out. This is very interesting because it has a little bell in it. If he touches it, it rings. Sounds like a no brainer, but this is obviously fascinating.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2936.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Now, here's the good part....he actually started using it. There is a package of Catnip that you sprinkle on the unit, so this sort of made him go nuts.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2927.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Here he is totally stoned on Catnip

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2938.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

So far, so good. I'll let you all know how he does with the furnature.

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Have you not taught Kitty to not roll in the Litter box yet ? You know what happened last time! LOL, Jeff

3. setter

setter Member

Tron,
    Please update hourly as we all have a marked interest! Almost as much as I had in the huggy/snuggly things. Thought those things we for dogs, anyways.

Just Another Cat Lover

P.S. My neighbor's cat got stuck in one of those, don't leave'em home alone!

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

So did the emery surface grind down Kitty's claws or is this just another way to get a buzz going?

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

At least we know Kitty is not a feral cat and we all know Tron takes care of his cat.

6. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Tron, I'm waiting for the snuggie review. I know they make them for dogs now, so I'm sure a small dog-size with fit kitty.
    Anyone shoot in a snuggie? I think it would be absolutely hilarious.
    -Trappy

7. Tron

Setterman, you and Buzz-gun and not allowed in my home any more! Kitty thinks you 2 are jerks and wonders what you would think if feral people were shot at.

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Feral people should be shot at....

9. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Boy Tron, you had better luck that I did. I have three cats and by far the most interesting part of the Emery cat was the box it came in.

None of them actually have shown any interest in dulling their claws, they all like the nip, and one plays with the toys. Other than that I just should have brought home an assortment of boxes.

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Great Cat that Kitty! Kitty needs a "real" name. "Mobil" comes to mind..

11. Tron

Stick it Lit! Anyway, I will ignore jeolous people like him and continue with my update. As of now, Kitty has no interest in using the damn thing....the couch and my Son's amps seem to be a lot more appealing to him.

I will attempt to train him to use it. I'll keep everyone posted.

12. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Joe

Are the claws appearing sharper, as are the cuts a little bit cleaner on the furniture,and the amp?

Your buddy in Pa.

Pete

13. high 2

high 2 Member

Train a cat???????????? Literalist, you and I think along the same lines.

14. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Does anyone have the video that was on here a year or so ago that showed a nice looking blonde showing her cat how to use the "pet door". It was hilarious.. Larry

15. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Tron, I hate to say "I told you so" but I will:)

16. Tron

I've been trying to train him to use it, but he refuses. Every morning, I pick him up and set him down on it and he gets all disgusted and just sits there. I really thought this was going to work, but it appears as if Jerry is right. I will keep trying the training for another week or so and I will keep everyone posted.

17. Tron

Lit, you're just jeolous that you don't have a very very special little friend (aside from Sobie) to share this wonderful hobby with. What would you do if Sobie came over and started ripping up your furnature? I bet you would at least try to understand that drunken Jackass and see if you couldn't modify his behavior. Well, that's exactly what I'm doing with Kitty. Unlike Sobie, I feel that Kitty can be trained without beating the Hell out of him.

Maybe you understand now, so I will keep trying.

18. setter

setter Member

Tronny,

Take that emery thing, convert it to a treadmill; then train the Miss Kitty to do the treadmill. Works for Cesar what's his face!!!!!!!! How is it working on your fingernails!!!!!

Jimmy

19. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

A suggestion to get Kitty to use this thing. First, put it on your kitchen table, counters or any place else you really don't want Kitty to be. Then, hold Kitty near it and say "Don't you ever let me catch you on this"....guaranteed to work with any cat or 4 year old human male. RICH

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm with Literalist...why don't you knit him a little sweater and teach him to use the toilet?

barf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.