1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

email question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by esoxhunter, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

For the last several months I have been receiving a "ton" of junk mail in my email account. Has anyone else been having this problem? This morning I had 12 emails and 10 were junk mail. Thanks. Ed

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Need to set your SPAM indicator to a higher level if your program allows. If it does, the vast majority of such mail will be directed to your SPAM folder or bounce back (depends on the program).

You may also be able to set SPAM indicators such as SEX, LOVE and so on...

Could be as simple as marking an email as SPAM and your program will put future such emails in your SPAM folder or bounce them.

Don't respond to such emails, as that just confirms they have a working email. They pass them around...

If from a legitimate business, click on the remove option.

-------------------

Have a second throw away email (google, yahoo, hot mail) for when ordering online. After no longer needed go on to a new one.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Thats nothing, I get probably 2 dozen spam emails a day that DON'T automatically go to the spam folder I have in Mozilla Thunderbird. GMail has their own spam filter, but I had to turn it off b/c it was catching too many good emails that I wouldn't see until it was weeks later.

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I thought that if I marked an email spam, the individuals would be unable to send me any more emails. Not so!! I have marked dozens of emails as spam, but the same senders keep sending this useless crap. I use AT&T as my email source. The thing that intrigues me is that a few months ago, I didn't have this problem. That's what I can't figure out.

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

esoxhunter, it may look like you are getting the same spam although you have blocked them earlier. But what they do is to change one little thing and send it out again and your blocker thinks it is a different email because of that one little thing they change.

They are relentless and should all be hung from the highest yardarm!

Hauxfan!