1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

email I received today- interesting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cdconley, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I haven’t checked the validity of this, but I thought it was interesting. And isn’t McCain one of the cosponsors of the immigration bill they tried to shove down our throats?

Subject: Lincoln's comment

Take a few moments and read this letter. These are strong, powerful and courageous words coming from a retired colonel, and read what Lincoln had to say at the end. Wow!

33 Senators Voted Against English as America's Official Language June 6, 2007.
    On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:35:23 -0500, 'Colonel Harry Riley USA ret' wrote:

Your vote against an amendment to the Immigration Bill, 1348, to make English America's official language is astounding. On D-Day no less when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock character and principles of America . I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens.
    I don't much care where you come from, what your religion is, whether you're black, white or some other color, male or female, democrat, republican or independent, but I do care when you're a United States Senator, representing citizens of America and vote against English as the official language of the United States

Your vote reflects betrayal, political surrender, violates your pledge of allegiance, dishonors historical principle, rejects patriotism, borders on traitorous action and, in my opinion makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator...impeachment, recall, or other appropriate
    action is warranted.

Worse, four of you voting against English as America 's official
    language are presidential candidates: Senator Biden, Senator Clinton, Senator Dodd, and Senator Obama. Four Senators vying to lead America but won't or don't have the courage to cast a vote in favor of English as America's official language when 91% of American citizens want English officially designated as our language.

This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as political hacks.....unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States.

If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a backlash so stunning it will literally rock you out of your panties...and preferably totally out of the United States Senate.

The entire immigration bill is a farce...your action only confirms this really isn't about America , it's about self-serving politics....despicable at best. 'Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level!

The following senators voted against making English the official language of America:

Akaka (D-HI)
    Bayh (D-IN)
    Biden (D-DE)
    Bingaman (D-NM)
    Boxer (D-CA)
    Cantwell (D-WA)
    Clinton (D-NY)
    Dayton (D-MN)
    Dodd (D-CT)
    Domenici (R-NM)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Feingold (D-WI)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Harkin (D-IA)
    Inouye (D-HI)
    Jeffords (I-VT)
    Kennedy (D-MA)
    Kerry (D-MA)
    Kohl (D-WI)
    Lautenberg (D-NJ)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Levin (D-MI)
    Lieberman (D-CT)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Murray (D-WA)
    Obama (D-IL)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Reid (D-NV)
    Salazar (D-CO)
    Sarbanes (D-MD)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Stabenow (D-M

'Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged ! ! ! !.'
    President Abraham Lincoln
  2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Sep 14, 2007
    We don't need to push no sticking One for English!
  3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Southeast Michigan - O/S Detroit
    When people learn that they can vote themselves money, it will be the end of the Republic.

Benjamin Franklin, Alexis de Toqueville, etc.

4. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Not only have the democrats supported these guys for years, but how the hell is McCain leading in the poles among republican voters when he still supports amnesty? Did any of you hear his answers to that questions regarding amnesty? His basic answer boiled down to a half hearted commitment to secure the border before granting amnesty to at least 10 of the 12 mil illegal aliens. When ask why his bill failed he basically said it failed because Americans didn’t trust their government. What the heck did that mean? To me, he came off as saying congress knew what they needed, but Americans got in their way, so now we’re going to have to secure the border before we shove this amnesty down their throats. Why are republicans supporting the only republican candidate that has promised to grant illegal aliens amnesty? How stupid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.