1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Elysburg, the NY Crew, and "Recoil Pads"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Martin, Devi, the NY Crew, Elysburg and

My first trip to Elysburg was a blast. My mediocre performance was offset by meeting some new friends from NY, and by seeing my buddies Martin and Devi again.

Almost as soon as Devi introduced me to Bill, Dutch, the other brother Bill, and Steve, they immediately lit in with their New York "charm" (read BS) and accused me of an inappropriate rendezvous with Steve in the shower. It seems that Steve is a very accomplished softball pitcher as he lobbed one right over the plate for his buddies when he announced during dinner that we had taken a shower together that very morning. Garrulous NY cynicism ensued at my expense of course. Dutch also rendered some unsolicited commentary about the ugliness of my toaster car at the top of his lungs as he drove by my humble tent site one evening. I guess acceptance does come with a price....

My wife's Scion may be ugly but at least it's a push start with a pull start backup (thanks Dutch)--something Martin would have paid good money for Saturday morning as he tried to MacGyver his way around a faulty Ford ground wire.

Being indisposed with car trouble, Martin deposited Devi into the care of the shooters at large. Ever resourceful, she latched onto the first sucker (me) she came to. Looking somewhat frazzled and out of sorts, she asked if I'd temporarily fill in as her bag bitch. Being the southern gentleman I freely agreed, but only on the condition she wouldn't ignore me with that competitive trance she typically gets into before she shoots. She didn't, and as a result, I gained some very technical insight on super-secret "recoil pads".

A very efficiently run shoot, I don't think any day ran later than 3-4 PM. Great prime rib and great company--thanks for a fantastic weekend all. The whole Babin clan is off to Sparta this coming Sunday. If not sooner, we'll see everyone at the Westy Hogan's in Sep.

Guy Babin

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Elysburg, the NY Crew, and

Up for the benefit of Devi, Martin and the NY connection.

3. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

^

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Guy...you are the best bag bitch I've ever had. And those recoil pads should help with your flow...they do wonders for mine.

Jim Brown, I'll see you at the Westy, if you get to go. If you are going to presquad, send me an email. devirathod@yahoo.com. I'll give you my ATA #.

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Well Hello Guy,,,,as one of the NY crew ,,,I must say I had a damm good time at dinner,,,,hope to see you at Westy Hogan,,,,Bill AKA 682liny

6. recurvyarcher

Billy, do you have your whole squad together?

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Devi,,,if you meen for westy ,,,we are just Dutch,Willie and me,,,,we will be getting there friday,,,at least that is the plan as of now,,,but that was the plan for east zone too,,,,,You want to squad for 16,s, caps and doubles???,,Billy

8. recurvyarcher

Yeah, can you put me on with you guys? I can shoot post 4 if it's open. Yardage is still 19.5

9. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I am leaving for Sturgis,,,,will call you when I get back and set it all up,,,,will you be there fri sat and sun????

10. recurvyarcher

From Thurs. Prelim all the way to the end.

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Billy, Please make sure you flirt with some of those Sturgis honeys for me!! Have fun and be safe.

Guy

12. 682LINY

682LINY Member

OK as long as you do the same with those cute sparta scorers,Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.