1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Elysburg PA state shoot questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bbuster, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bbuster

Bbuster TS Member

I'm thinking of meeting my brother at the PA State shoot. This would be a good half way meeting spot as we live on each end of the state. We are not ATA shooter yet. We would like to come observe some of the top shooter preform and asume there will be vendors there to visit also. Will there be practice times that we could shoot along with? Dose the club still have their regular shoots during this week?

2. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Shooting there is( colonial classic/pa state shoot dates ) 6/9 through 6/17 and they have practice traps everyone can shoot on every day. They are on the bottom line of traps next to bank 12, unless they were just moved. And yes Plenty of vendors but most don't show up first couple days, as they wait for more people toward the middle to end of shoot.

3. Bbuster

Bbuster TS Member

Thanks of the info crab... I tried calling and e-mailing the club from information found on the ATA site Clubs and Shoots. Both the phone a e-mail provided were no longer in use.

4. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

570-672-9747 club phone but not anyone there to answer unless during shoot days, or evening before shoot. The main clubhouse is only used for bigger shoots and is NOT open when not holding big events. On same grounds, the Valley Gun & Country Club is a good place to seek info. They have an arraingement with the PSSA for big shoots and use some of there traps I think. Practice traps on closer to Valley Gun club then PSSA main clubhouse.Sorry don't have their number handy but should be on ata website www.shootata.com
    hope that helps.

5. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Just a thought, this fri sat & sunday they will be there for keystone open and should answer the phone those days.

6. wild turkey

wild turkey TS Member

Crab is partially correct about the vendors. The first weekend of the state shoot 90% of the vendors are set up and opened. Then most of the vendors close monday, tuesday and wednesday. The starting thursday they start re-opening and al vendors are opened for the remainder of the shoot.

If you and your brother are traveling to the shoot, why not bring another $18.00 per person and join the ATA. You can shoot "targets only" or if you want to play money or be able to win trophies you can shoot penalty class or yardage. Don't travel halfway across the state to shoot "practice" targets you can do that at home.

7. Bbuster

Bbuster TS Member

Thanks all, Wild Turkey we didn't realize we could join ATA on location and shoot the same day. We are very new to this but also very intersted. Assume someone there will be very helpful and explain our options.Thanks for the heads up.

8. wild turkey

wild turkey TS Member

Yes alot of people can and will help you with whatever questions or need you may have.

What day are you planning to attend? I will be there the entire shoot and can arrange to meet you and walk you and your brother the process.

9. Bbuster

Bbuster TS Member

Thanks for the offer wild turkey. I'll get back to when we finalize our plans.
    Can I just ask for wild turkey when we get there?

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Your going to a trap shoot not a bar Mr BBuster ... booze and guns dont mix. ;-)))

11. wild turkey

wild turkey TS Member

bbuster,

You better try my Christian name: Lance

Remove the XX from the above address and shoot me an email when you get your plans together.

If you are planning to stay overnight, start looking for a room ASAP. There are alot of hotels around but they fill up fast. Danville, Bloomsburg, Selinsgrove & Shamokin Dam all have hotels and are within 10 to 20 miles from the PSSA homegrounds.

12. -3200

-3200 TS Member

Can someone tell me how many HDCP targets you need this year for the Pa shoot, so as not to soot penalty

13. dragracemaniac

dragracemaniac TS Member

1500 registered targetss during current year and 2 previous years to avoid penalty class. 500 of them must have been shot this target year.
    This applies to both HDCP & 16-yard classes for the state shoot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how many traps at elysburg pa state shoot