1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Elysburg Hotels

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Any worth mentioning that have restaurants, bars, pools etc... and not cost hundreds of dollars a night?

Seems there are $80 hotels with nothing but the room and $180 hotels that have EITHER a pool or restaurant or bar.

Not much of a choice to pick from. Reading a lot of the reviews on the net scare me as some that you look pretty good get horrible ratings.

We stayed at the Best Western in Danville last year and thought it was decent but there was nothing but the room. No food, no nothing. We had to drive for everything.

Experiences, recommendations would be appreciated!!!

Jeff

2. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Jeff

Since you were there last year you should have the 2008 program book. Page 103 lists all the motels, check them out.

I stayed at the Key Motor Inn for the last many years. However, the Key no longer exist, it will be a Motel 8 as of June 1, 2008. Reference a tel-con with the manager. I made reservations there for the state shoot, not sure what I will find. (!)

Frank

3. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

BucPride,

The last 2 years I think I stayed at Glosser's (not sure if it's a motel, hotel, motor inn, or whatever), they have a nice little bar and I think they serve food there. The rooms were fairly reasonable (cost), too, if I remember correctly. The best thing is it's under a 5-minute drive from the shoot. If you call now you might be able to get a room, although they might be sold out for the state shoot. It's a nice place, give them a call and see if you can get a room.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Seems that there isn't a multitude of upscale hotels in the Elysburg area that charge under $75.00 and giveaway free breakfast and include a 3 course dinner.

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in Selinsgrove 2 times last year. Approx. $80.00 per night and includes a breakfast (continental type).

Red Roof in Danville was approx. $60.00. But it's a Red Roof! 2 miles away and towards the gun club is a Perkin's with decent meals and reasonably priced.

Curt

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

If staying at the Selinsgrove Comfort Inn, be sure to tell them you are shooting trap at Elysburg - there is a discount.

6. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Anyone ever stay in the Days Inn in danville??

I read reviews and people say it is horrible!! Rooms, service, pool, etc...

Can anyone give a review?

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Be careful of the Glosser. Paper thin walls, and a real stench if you have to take a smoking room.

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I have stayed at the comfort in shomikin dam ,,,long ride and its a econo lodge now,,,,,,now stay at glossers,,,,its a hole,,,,but its close,,,the bar only has beer,,,no liquor,,,,only there from 10-11 pm till 7 am,,,,and its close,,,,I am there to shoot,,,not eat or drink or swim

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

15 miles & 25 minutes is a long ride?

Of course there is always the option of sleeping in your vehicle in the parking lot.

Curt

10. broadway

broadway Member

BucPride29,

My friends and I stayed at the Days Inn in Danville last summer for the Eastern Zone. I would not stay there again. The rooms were OK and relatively clean but poor service, staff were clueless, indoor court yard with the pool was noisy all night and hours......

There's a newer hotel on the other side of the highway that looked a lot better - I know a guy who stayed there during the same shoot and he really like it. He even mentioned they were servign a hot breakfast not the continental style. I'm pretty sure it was the Best Western on 79 Old Valley School Road.

A. Bassan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.