1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Elysburg Hotels Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm kind of on the edge in regards to whether I want to head down to PA for the state shoot next Saturday and Sunday. If I do make the trip without reserving a hotel room for Fri./Sat. night do you think I would have any trouble finding a vacant room in Danville or Bloomburg?

2. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the last weekend of the shoot finding a room will be a challenge. Only if the weather has been lousy and people bailed will you have less trouble finding a room.

Don't rule out Bloosburg which is slightly farther but has some decent accommodations and is less impacted by the shoot.

3. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

I stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bloomsburg. Its about 30 min from the shoot and there's a Ruby Tuesdays and Perkins within walking distance. The place is about 3 years old and very clean. Give them a call 1-570-387-6702

4. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 Member

Try this place. Great for 1 night stay. Jr
    [​IMG]

5. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Try the Patriot Inn in Bloomsburg. Phone number 1-570-387-1776 or toll free at 1-800-873-1180

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a room in Bloomsburg or Danville; but the rate will be substantially higher than if you'd gone ahead and booked for the best rate. You can always cancel, y'know.

best...mike

7. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I am at the Days Inn in Danville, give them a call, they may have rooms available. 1-570-275-5510

Frank

8. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

If you have a program book, next to last page list's all the nearby and not so near by places to stay, around 17 of them..... Also a few bed N breakfast's too, 4 of them listed.

9. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Pull Bang,

If you've never stayed there before you might want to reconsider. It was an absolutely terrible place to stay last year. On Friday and Saturday night they have a club there that plays music you can hear throughout the entire hotel until 1 am. The health dept. was also there last year when I was there and closed the pool down.

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Hey, JR, how much is the rental?
    I'll be there if it's cheap enough. See you in NY.

11. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

I live in Bloomsburg. You should be able to find a room here. The rates in town are $120 and up normally. You could also try Subury/Selinsgrove for rooms. Probably cheaper and the same distance. About 15 miles. Good luck.

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I have 2 rooms booked for the EZ shoot in late July at the EconoLodge in Shamokin Dam for $85.00 per night (taxes, etc. included). It's not a Hilton but it's always been clean and decent, plus it's close to a bunch of good eateries.

Curt

13. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Sounds like I should be able to find a room if I decide to go. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to go.

14. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Whatever you do, don't stay at the Red Roof in Danville it is FILTHY.
    Try Bloomsburg,Mt.Carmel,Shamokin Dam,Sunbury,Selingsgrove, & other hotels in Danville. Even Berwick is not Too far. You better get on the horn or computer NOW,as they are usually full. Two weeks ago I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Danville, Very Nice, but it was $135.00 per night.
    Joe Jordan

15. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Anyone down there for the shoot right now know what the Red Roof Inn is advertising as the per night rate on their LED sign out front? I might just deal with another crappy hotel vs. spending $300+ for Thurs-Sunday.

16. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Rich Try this Penelopesbnb.com 570-648-4262 me and my wife stayed there twice very nice comfortable quiet stay and you can have breakfast every morning she makes it ,comfortable beds A/C TV Etc call her and tell her Pat K from Beaver Pa said to call I just talked to her on memorial day weekend. She might have something available check her web site I gave you above she has a pool and a hot tub also. My experience you won't be dissapointed.

17. DTULL

DTULL TS Member

MUSTANG SALLIES IS ALWAYS GREAT, ON ROUTE 11 OUTSIDE DANVILLE. NO LED SIGN BUT GREAT SERVICE.

18. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

As of now I'm stuck @ the Red Roof Inn in Danville. $60 on Thursday and $100 on Fri. and Sat. Hopefully I can find a cheaper room for Fri/Sat or at least something a bit better for my $100 a night on those two nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.