1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Elysburg Bank system

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zelmo96, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

I have not been to Elysburg for a while and am going to the Pa Grand and was wondering how their bank system runs? I want to pre squad but don't have that info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Al Baker

2. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Do the banks start from right to left?

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You probably are not special enough to get your choice,..just take what they give the "B" listers or below and be happy with it

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

ON top looking out into the field from the Main club house, you would be looking straight out at Bank #6, 7 and 8 are to the left of the Main club house #1 would be the to the right, now down the Hill looking from the Valley Gun club restaurant and Bar Bank #9 would be all the way to your Right then you got 10-11-12 to the left of 9 after 12 to the left is the practice traps

5. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Go to the URL above and enter "Elysburg, Pa.", look for Monestary Road and follow it to the PSSA grounds. This is the aerial view of the PSSA. As you look down on the map; bank one is to the right and bank eight is to the left. Each bank is four traps.

At the top of the map is banks nine through twelve, bank nine is at the bottom of th line looking at the map. Again a bank is four traps.

NOTE: You can zoom in on the map for a closer look.

Check the program book for the daily use of the bank system. At one time they used the two bank, 50 targets per trap system. This has been changed to a four bank system. Again, the program book will explain the present bank system.

Frank

6. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Give this a look.

http://masondixonclaybusters.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2010/12/PSSA_GroundsMap.pdf

7. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I just looked at my program book......July 1st singles and caps, all 12 banks, doubles 24 banks

july 2nd 12 banks singles and caps

july 3 doubles 16 banks....i think the top line of 8, like this....1 A shoot 25 pair,move to 1 B shoot 25 pair, you have you 100 targets or start 1-C move to 1 D and so on.

july 3 caps 12 banks

this is whats listed in the book

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Al,

Pre squad if you must, but it isn’t necessary.

Elysburg is a special place. Come on out in spite of the naysayers and BS.

Anyone who loves to shoot, who loves tradition, beautiful scenery, who is not preoccupied by politics and hearsay, and is within a reasonable drive should go.

The PSSA is not perfect, nor is the Valley Gun Club, the Cardinal, Sparta, Vandalia (in the day), the Coon Club--or any other for that matter.

Show up, classify, squad, pay and give it your best. That's it. The first round is on me.

Most who bitch above about the great bank conspiracy aren’t, nor never shall be champions.

Guy Babin

9. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Thanks to all, I am all set. Al Baker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.