1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Elmer Keiths Books---------------------------

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plabels466, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I just bought a used Elmer Keith book (Hell I Was There) at a gun show...Finished reading it & I just enjoyed it very much......I understand he wrote several more books & I was hoping that some of you guys might help me out if you have any for sale - or ??????? I checked a few stores & no luck.........Thanks, & Good shootin'.......Pete

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

he had at least one more. He was a colorfull writer to say the least.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Elmer did more to promote handgun hunting and handgun shooting then anyone . Mr Keith and Jeff Copper should be in the handguners hall of fame .

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I googled him and he wrote at least seven. It gives the date they were published,

5. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

I have one that is for sale --- in 1984 Wolfe Publishing made printed up a run of various classic old gun books (1500 sets) and they were sold as subscriptions to the set. These books are really high quality hardcovers with gold leaf edges, ribbon markers, etc.

The one by Elmer Keith is "Big Game Rifles and Cartridges". It is brand new and still in the original shipping box.

If anyone is interested, I also still have two others from the series for sale-----"The Hunting Rifle" by Townsend Whelen and also "Practical dope on the Big Bores" by Ness. These books are also brand new and in the original boxes.

Will sell them for $35.00 each and I will pay shipping in the lower 48. I will list my e-mail address above in the box.

xxx NOTE---These three books are sold pending payment. Thanks for the interest, Gregg

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I have an autographed copy of sixguns. Not for sale.

Jim

7. DJM

DJM Member

A search on E-bay for "Elmer Keith" had 18 results, mostly his books.

8. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Fourtenmark, e mail sent to you. J.Woolsey

9. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Thanks fourtenmark, I will buy the book from you....I have sent you an email....& thanks to all the rest of you guys for all the great replys....You came through again for me....What a great website we have........Pete

10. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Another good read is Jack O'Connor's "Horse and Buggy West." ......Roger

11. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Pete: Goto www.bookfinder.com. If they are for sale this site will find them. Earl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.