1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ELMER FAIRCHILD FINE GUNS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hitapair, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

He's set up at the MO State Shoot right now. Contact info is the same as when you bought your gun.

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

3. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

When you shake hands with Elmer, keep one hand on you wallet!

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

CactusJW: Thanks for the warning!

When Elmer and Gene Sears came years ago to the Waukesha gun club, I hung around nearby sometimes and watched and listened to Elmer, wheel and deal. I was exhausted just watching and listening to him. It was like a carnival atmosphere sometimes.
    Steve Balistreri

5. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

I purchased a Grade 5 Model 12 from Elmer several years ago... Thought I knew the art of making a deal...wrong! I like Elmer, but beware, he is not in the business for fun.

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

My last gun deal was with Elmer. I have even driven up to Gene Sears in Oklahoma. I too like him and all the hard work he does to set up and go to all the shoots. It is a LOT of work. I have helped him put up at times. All help was appreciated. We need all the vendors we can get to come to the shoots. Ray

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Elmer is old school gun salesman AND showman. Last of an era type but a great guy. John

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Had the plesure of going round and round with Elmer about 5 years ago at North Carolina State Shoot,, we danced for 2 days and never did make the deal,, but I do think we both enjoyed our time together,,, and yes one hand on your money

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I did business with Elmer once- it was enough.

10. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I too like Elmer and love watching him do his thing. But he will tell you anything to sell you a gun, I know for a FACT! He sold my brothers brother-in-law a used browning combo for $100.00 more than Jaquas was selling a new one for. He was a new shooter and had not a clue. Some guys just get a high by getting an extra buck out of a deal (ELMER). Unless you are a really smart, informed buyer steer clear of Fairchild. Of cousre if you are a really samart informed guy you know that.

11. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I am not sure that Elmer would flat out lie to you but you damn well better ask the right questions...SMOKIT

12. Ron M

Ron M Member

I purchased a perazzi but stock from Elmer at the spring Grand it was a good deal and may have been the best thing ever for my trap shooting
    Ron M

13. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

proceed with caution, there are more deserving gun dealers out there.

14. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Elmer is a good gun salesman and a good guy all around. If he got the gun you are looking for, it's not his fault you may want it bad enough to over pay. Far as I know he has never forced anybody to buy one of his guns. After all he is in this for the money

15. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

I like him! He is a wheeler dealer. If you ask him he will tell you the truth. If you don,t ask its your fault!!!!

16. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have only had one transaction with Elmer. I bought a McDaniels release trigger from him at the 2008 Grand. We negotiated the price and I have been very pleased with the trigger ever since.

17. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Elmer is fun to deal with. I made the worst trade of my life with him a few years back, gave him back the same gun a year later and took enough trades to make out like a bandit when it was all over!!
    Elmer LIKES to trade, better than most dealers at the Grand, if not all.

18. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

A lot of the dealers are getting picky about what guns they will take in on trade. I won't start naming names but you probably know the ones I'm talking about if you do much gun dealing. Not to worry about Elmer, he'll take any gun in on trade and a lot of other things too. You may not like what value he puts on your trade but you won't hear "I don't take_____guns in on trade." Another thing I'm hearing is "I've alraedy got 3 used ones and I can't take another one in right now." You won't hear that from Elmer.

19. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I too enjoy watching and dealing with Elmer. He is definetly old school... I grew up around various characters such as Elmer. For me in this day we live its saddening to walk into any establishment and receive the "there it is and thats the price we want" attitude of most businesses. Part of any purchase is the negotiating prior to. If it takes a few months, so be it :)

20. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

I dealt with Elmer a few times when the Spring Grand was still in Phoenix. He took good care of me. I took a few of my friends over to him and he took good care of them also. He offered to loan me a gun to shoot when my 100 broke. I won't hesitate to deal with him again if he has something I want.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
elmer and lulu fairchild

elmer fairchild fine guns

elmer fairchild guns
fairchild fine guns
fairchild gun sales

fairchild guns

fairchildsguns