1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eliminating the mental aspect

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DomeBuster, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DomeBuster

DomeBuster TS Member

I shoot in a league through work and have had a decreasing average since the league started 5 weeks ago. Based upon our teams averages we have shot anwhere from the 16 to the 24. I started the season in the mid 40's out of 50 and have consistently dropped. I know I'm making it a mental game instead of mounting the gun and shooting the target. How do you eliminate the mental game?

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If you eliminate the mental game then trap ceases to exist. It is very much a mental game but we naturally tend to look for technology upgrades to solve our shooting/mind problems.

Get Phil Kiner's DVD, it will help you identify and work on your shooting/mind problems. Better yet, take a class from the man himself if you ever get the opportunity.

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Frank Hoppe suggested a mental phrase just before you shoot. Use a direct like "Eyes on the target". If it wears out, get another.

What's going on in your head?

This is a reaction sport. React when you see it well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.