1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Electronic Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Problems, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

I spoke with friends today at my club and everyone agreed that the day of a fully electronic trigger assembly should be here . We agreed that shooters would have to carry spare AA batteries . We all thought solid state triggers could be converted from pull to release with the flip of a switch. Also we agreed they would be faster, and cleaner with instantaneous hammer falls. Humans today make thousands of electronic gadgets but no electronic triggers .......
    Anybody know why ...............

2. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

ELECTRONIC TRIGGER

3. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

I expect an electronic trigger could be a huge safety problem. Lots of things have to go wrong for a mechanical trigger to fire by mistake. A little moisture is all it would take to complete a circuit to make an electronic trigger fire.

Bruce

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Al Ljutic did it years ago with his Space Gun... Dan Thome..... Trap2

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

a few years ago my son had a paint ball gun with an electronic trigger that could be programed for fully auto, you could change the rpm....you could also set it up for a 1,2,3,4,5, shot burst.........

it was really cool!!

tony

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Elmer Fudd used one.....

7. Bubba

Bubba Member

LOL Frank C. I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title.

8. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

We had the infamouse electronic firing systems on the M-60 Tanks. Corrosion, dirt, moisture, oil, broken circuts were among the problems we incountered. Don't know what they did to fix the problem if any thing but I'd hope they either fixed it or abandoned it on the newer tanks. Post-2

9. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Post-2, you're an old DAT?

Jim

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Frank & Bubba, Elmer woulda spelled it a tad different. Ewectwonic Twigger! :)
    Hap

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

We had electronic triggers on target rifles back in the 60s, they worked just fine. The shooters liked the mechanical triggers better. When it comes to triggers, shotguns are pretty much in the stone age when compared to fully adjustable rifle triggers. HMB

12. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

The government and other jackbooted thugs would love an electronic trigger. A short electromagnetic burst (like the ones tested for automobiles) would render all guns in your possession worthless. I think that was the fear that shut Remington down several years ago. I do believe that the anti gunners are all for the technology now. Careful what you wish for.

You think primers are hard to find now.

13. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

I have seen a Beretta with electronic trigger. Marv White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.