1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

electronic shoot payment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gwsaucedo, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwsaucedo

gwsaucedo TS Member

I see that I can now make and receive payments over my cell/smart phone. This could be a convienent way for the ATA to handle cashiering at the large shoots. We could pay for the shoot and options, as well as get your payoffs electronically. This would also work for vendors who wouldn't have to worry about taking checks cause you can't spend what you don't have in your account. I suppose this would open an interesting can of worms but most things can be worked out over time and since I don't know the particulars of how it works I thought I'd throw this out there and see what you think. Greg Saucedo

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

The main hurdle is that the ATA only puts on one shoot per year. How much does it cost to get setup for receiving these payments considering it isn't like a retail store where the sales are expected to increase as a result of the offering.

It just boils down to cost and expected usage.

3. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

The ATA takes mc and visa for renewing memberships, might not be too hard for them to take a card machine to the grand with them. an electronic payment via the visa debit card shouldn't be a problem. Could be an altogether different can of worms if you want to pay from your RV or motel room and keeping up with who's paid for the events.

Bob

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that this is the same technology as credit card processing. Fees are a problem also, especially with options. It would be nice if doable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.